So, another venue idea.

Started by a french mans shirt, November 20, 2016, 06:53:23 AM

I'm going to copy and paste what I idea'd on the site here.

----------------------
I saw this on a show and it looked good, and it might work because you can already use a normal fire to make clay cups.

This would be a shop, perhaps in the witch's quarter because normal people are supposed to be in there for work and such but the only people who pass through are gemmed and crimflagged rinthis.

It would be a pottery shop, you could type 'list' and see a list of stuff, but the meat of the shop would be their 'make your own mug' feature. You pay a certain amount, and receive a kit which includes clay, paints and brush. You would mold the clay into a small mug, like coffee mug size, regardless of whether you can craft clay, and these mugs would consequentially not be sellable, except perhaps to the shop they come from.

You'd mold the clay into a mug, harden it in the fireplace, drag it out, and then sit at the table and paint it.

You'd make a random mug of varying quality, colors, images. A jade mug with a black dragon, or a yellow, red-spotted mug, or a dark, badly-painted mug. Many different mugs.

I'm kind of a clay whore, so this idea sounds good to me. I guess people have noticed but I would like more types of places to visit in the city apart from compounds, taverns and shops, even if that is kind of a modern wish.

The echoes that ensue upon crafting your mug from scratch would take time, so that stopping to leave at any point would result in nothing, or a badly-painted mug.

You could do this also in a knife shop, for making your own knife and painting the handle.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Now, this particular idea is one that could probably need pursued IC.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

A color me mine in Zalanthas? Please no. Also, the Gemmes aren't "passing through" in the Gemmed Quarter. Normals are.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on November 20, 2016, 01:07:40 PM
A color me mine in Zalanthas? Please no. Also, the Gemmes aren't "passing through" in the Gemmed Quarter. Normals are.

Most of the gemmed merely pass through, too. Using their temples as simply a place to store goods, as there is really nothing else of much interest to most players. There's more than a couple shops, but afaik, each and every one caters to gemmed. Just saying...

I would like some reason for people to wander into the gemmed quarter with purpose, because that would give me and my chars more reason to hang around there when I play gemmed, the chance that interaction would be possible increases the likelihood of me wanting to be there.

I do like the mug shop idea, but it doesn't seem to make sense in that particular section of the city. The knife shop? Not so much, because custom knives, imho, should come from mastercrafters.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

Also,

Quote from: Reiloth on November 20, 2016, 01:07:40 PM
A color me mine in Zalanthas? Please no.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC