Forum Upgraded

Started by Nathvaan, November 07, 2016, 12:26:10 PM

Very nice.  We can definitely take custom submissions also, and if you put in the logo and what not along with it, awesome!  This looks really good so far.  If you can send an email to mud@armageddon.org with the package for the theme, we can toss it on there and test it out.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Though I'm a fan of reading things as if they were actual books (light background, dark text, limited graphics), that one from James was definitely readable. It's missing the voting buttons, but otherwise I like it!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Yeah, I think if you add the voting buttons it's perfect.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I'd also love the option of actually seeing my post after i posted it.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

While we're on the topic, I took a readily-made theme and more or less did a lot of copy-pasting.

Quote from: Insigne on November 10, 2016, 04:35:35 PM
While we're on the topic, I took a readily-made theme and more or less did a lot of copy-pasting.

I'd be interested in giving this a spin

They're both sexy. Devote ALL the resources.
Whatever happens, happens.

Already on it!

What I've got so far:

And a... cleaner version? I dunno. It's an option.

Besides that, better mobile support is in the works, thanks to my sister. If I manage to figure it out, I'll be moving the hard-to-read text blurbs out of the header and giving them a space of their own. There are a few more pictures in here, if anyone wants to offer feedback. I've been using a little online tool in terms of readability but if something doesn't sit right, let me know and I'll adjust it.

Sheesh, just might have to see about making a contest for who can make the most awesome custom theme if others start joining in. I mean, if there was interest that is.  I'm loving the fact you all are working to try to make these.  It's very much appreciated!
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Quote from: Ath on November 10, 2016, 07:38:51 AM
If you can send an email to mud@armageddon.org with the package for the theme, we can toss it on there and test it out.

Can do.  One or two things I want to clean up first.  Do you know if anyone has a high res version of the logo, especially one with layers for the text, etc?
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: James de Monet on November 12, 2016, 01:27:17 AM
Quote from: Ath on November 10, 2016, 07:38:51 AM
If you can send an email to mud@armageddon.org with the package for the theme, we can toss it on there and test it out.

Can do.  One or two things I want to clean up first.  Do you know if anyone has a high res version of the logo, especially one with layers for the text, etc?

I don't know if this image is available but I will look around and see if one is hiding somewhere.  I wouldn't think it is terribly likely but I will let you know if I come across one.

I just realized something very important is missing from the new forums: a link to the main Armageddon website. It used to be right under the vote buttons in the upper right corner. I don't see it anywhere now.

Quote from: Lizzie on November 12, 2016, 09:03:33 PM
I just realized something very important is missing from the new forums: a link to the main Armageddon website. It used to be right under the vote buttons in the upper right corner. I don't see it anywhere now.

Seems that it was on one theme but not the default.  Thanks for pointing it out!

Errsome, tankx!   :D :D :D :D <3 <3 <3 <3

November 13, 2016, 07:55:43 AM #89 Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:57:21 AM by Raptor_Dan
Yeah, James, it looks awesome.

...but it needs to be grittier, harsher. Maybe make the preview harder to view, with a 20% chance to crash my browser.

(edited to add the only criticism I could think off)
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

15% chance to cause your computer to transform into a shaped-charge explosive directed straight at your chest.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

And a whopping 30% chance for:Uber scrab to be rl summoned.

Quote from: Iiyola on November 10, 2016, 12:53:23 PM
I'd also love the option of actually seeing my post after i posted it.

Just to chime in on this, this is a general forum setting, and seems to be unrelated to themes. You can go to your profile settings, under Look and Layout, and tick off a box that automatically returns you to topics after you post in them.

I just  wish this theme featured the logo.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."