Forum Upgraded

Started by Nathvaan, November 07, 2016, 12:26:10 PM

As the old one is dead, we're going to be making sure the default is a similar looking theme, but we are welcome to any suggestions if people find themes that they'd' like to use.  Also if anyone wants to take the Arm Icon and make it into a smaller icon for the upper right hand corner, we can see about using that also.  Once we get a bunch of suggestions, we'll pick the ones we like and put it to a vote.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Oh god my eyes. This looks real funny on my phone. Everything is there but it looks funny since my profile pic is apparently bugged or doesnt like the new theme. Otherwise looks like I will have to get used to it. Thanks guys.

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Here's a theme that is actually called ARMAGEDDON! http://www.awesomestyles.com/smf-themes/view/armageddon

But it has a bit more of an urban/sci fi feel than a desert feel.

There will be a period of adjustment in which I will fucking wet myself every time my GDB looks funny.

However, I trust in you, like that fucking snake from The Jungle Book, and I know this will be all for the better when it finishes.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Yeah, I will admit, when we finished the test upgrade and we saw it... it was a bit off.  This theme we have is better than the default IMO.  Make sure when posting theme options, please post direct links or at least a name we can find it under.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Quote from: LauraMars on November 07, 2016, 03:49:40 PM
Oh, and I like this one: http://www.awesomestyles.com/smf-themes/view/ambassador

I added this one as a higher contrast option.  We will add more later as we get some more suggestions.  Please keep them coming!

AMBASSADOR THEME IS GOOD THEME

whoops cabbage caps.l
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: Insigne on November 07, 2016, 01:49:56 PM
Quote from: Nathvaan on November 07, 2016, 01:16:01 PMFeel free to suggest themes that are SMF 2.0 compatible and we will make them available (within reason).
DS-Natural, maybe?

I like this one too.

Ambassador is definitely more legible than the current standard, although it's impossible to make out the names of online Staff (in blue). I'll stick with this one for a little while and see how it does.

"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

The Forum now appears to be faster. Faster loading, faster posting.

Change the Forum all you like, Staff. It's your thang, do what you wanna do.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Someone get me a butcher knife. I got some cutting to do.

Hate it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I'm using the ambassador theme right now as it's the best of the available options, but I'm still not really feeling it, stylistically.

The closer we can get to plain white text on a black background in a monospaced font the better. Everything is cartoonishly enormous -- the buttons, the space, the text, everything. I would love a completely stripped barebones theme.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

This one LauraMars added: http://www.themesbase.com/preview/?preview=7382 seems the least offensive at the moment. I'd much prefer very-dark text on very-light background, with alternating shaded thread lines.

Also, I prefer the buttons on that one.

Also, if I have new messages, will I see a "1 New Message" next to my name like I used to, or will I not even know I have new messages without clicking on "My Messages?" Because - I don't click shit unless I have a reason to click it. If I don't KNOW there's a new message, I'm not likely to ever click that button.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I like it! Looks sharp. Not the dirty thieving elf kind either!

I'm freaking out, man. I'm trying to be okay with this, but, I think I need to take a break from looking at the gdb. I do not like change of this order of magnitude, it's too much.

I feel like I've had a stroke, I smell toast.

;)
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

I like Ambassador, and:

https://smftricks.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=61

https://smftricks.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=18

Also guys, think how gracious Staff is in upgrading our Forum, taking the time to do so, and asking us the playerbase for options of themes and what we like. The forum update has lead to faster speeds, increased protection from spam and malicious dinks, and a heap of upgraded features (And from what I gather, increased features/useability in the future) Pretty much a win/win. Let's be celebratory! Change is hard but on the even of Election Day, I gotta say, this was a welcome one.

~Jack Vance~

does my signature work?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

It appears, your quote is there, and the link to your Newbie guide still works. If that's what you're asking about.

I like the current default theme...
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC