Come on in let's have a chat

Started by Valsin, September 25, 2016, 09:38:02 AM

Take a seat.
Uh. . . you might want to take the snake out of that one first.
I . . . assure. . . you it is perfectly harmless right now.
Just put it in that cage over there.
Anyway, down to business.
Having created the character I now am playing, I was pleased to see that my 'ldesc' ended in the eloquent words (not my own) "as if it was carved from granite, a rarity among the common-born."
Nice, eh?
Then I was truncated. . . that sounds painful. . . I mean my 'ldesc' was.
It was thus shortened for a . . . long time.
Imagine my disappointment when I (trying to find my karma points) saw my new 'ldesc' ending: "And he has awkwardly large hands and feet."
Make me to look like Puddleglum and him I shall be.
Puddleglum who remembered the sun.  And, if the sun were a lie, to choose the lie of the sun, rather than the truth, if the truth was a world of darkness and death.
Thank you C.S.L. The Silver Chair.
Anyway, our time runs short.
I have many questions.  One which is how do I see my karma points.
Now where did that snake go?
Why did you put it in that cage?  When this basket at my feet would have held him much better.

..... what?

you have to enter in three to four line bursts and use .f to format.

please do not tell people what your descs are, or who you are in game.

as for how to see karma, you send in a request (a karma review or account notes) to get that information from staff.

or type o at chargen to see what you have available for options.

you are a very confusing person.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Valsin, the ldesc only allows a limited number of characters, including your character's sdesc. Ldesc is what you see when you walk into a room and notice people are there, before you actually look at the people individually. Pretty sure it has to be under 140 characters total including spaces and punctuation.

A bar [n e w s u d]
Description of the bar is described as descriptive, describing various descriptions of descriptive descriptions.
The flexious mass of monstrous mulism is here.
The gangly gortok growls and grunts near the table.
A bowl-haired bartender bartends here, barely.

Those are all ldescs.

A Mdesc is the description you see when you look at any of these people:

l mass
A mass of mul's bald pate expands from above green eyes, utterly
mulletless. His arms are army, legs very leggy, and his torso is
rather torsish, for all intents and purposes. He also sports a pretty
pink bow tattooed above his left hairless eyebrow.

If you submitted an app and the staff read it and saw it was poorly written, perhaps lacking in verbs or punctuation, they might have attempted to fix it for you. It's generally less frustrating, I feel, than rejecting your app and making you start over again. If there's something missing that you had included, you might submit a request through the request tool to find out why. If it was an error they'd probably just fix it again. If it was intentional on their part they'd offer an explanation.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

You don't have to believe me
What I said is entirely accurate
I have my own theory
Did you hear that thunder?  A battle of the immortals

Sorry for being cryptic and confusing

imms don't do that to people.

you are not making any sense. you need to be more concise if you want our help.

I'm enjoying this thread immensely for some reason.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: evilcabbage on September 25, 2016, 03:03:26 PM
you are not making any sense.
Says the Cabbage.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Reiloth on September 25, 2016, 03:06:25 PM
I'm enjoying this thread immensely for some reason.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Just to let you know this is in no way meant to be critical.  I give my hearty thanks to the armageddon team and their hard work.

Quote from: Iiyola on September 25, 2016, 03:27:38 PM
Says the Cabbage.

watch it screen-licking white blob.

i can turn you green and leafy in a heartbeat.

September 25, 2016, 10:00:04 PM #13 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:07:56 PM by Jinxed
You told about the safety of the cage. And now it slithers through. Unchecked, unpunished, uncontrollable.
Much like the words, spoken cannot be taken back. Writings are easier, much easier to catch and erase once set slithering upon the pages.
Your writings. Tell great details. A secret once sacred now exposed to the burning sun and gazes of bypassers. No snake can survive that, but every snake is wise to avoid.
Remember that you is you and no one else. Those Else are not supposed to know. Treasure this advice. Let it be our flawed secret, already burnt secret - but it is fit to be ours.

Your problem is one's blessing. My blessings are short of that. They are none's problem, yet you are deemed lucky.
But what is the worth of luck when you expect perfection? Scale by scale, it builds the skin of the reptile - flaws are unforgiven, not acceptable.
We wish to be many things. Truth is - our desires are short of the foresight. But we are given to be just one, singular thing with certain purpose.
If this purpose is to reshape what you perceive as ugliness and I perceive as a gift bestowed - so be it.
I am not a warden. You are.

It is your cage.
It is your snake.
It is you. The warden.
It is your fault.

Quote from: Jinxed on September 25, 2016, 10:00:04 PM
You told about the safety of the cage. And now it slithers through. Unchecked, unpunished, uncontrollable.
Much like the words, spoken cannot be taken back. Writings are easier, much easier to catch and erase once set slithering upon the pages.
Your writings. Tell great details. A secret once sacred now exposed to the burning sun and gazes of bypassers. No snake can survive that, but every snake is wise to avoid.
Remember that you is you and no one else. Those Else are not supposed to know. Treasure this advice. Let it be our flawed secret, already burnt secret - but it is fit to be ours.

Your problem is one's blessing. My blessings are short of that. They are none's problem, yet you are deemed lucky.
But what is the worth of luck when you expect perfection? Scale by scale, it builds the skin of the reptile - flaws are unforgiven, not acceptable.
We wish to be many things. Truth is - our desires are short of the foresight. But we are given to be just one, singular thing with certain purpose.
If this purpose is to reshape what you perceive as ugliness and I perceive as a gift bestowed - so be it.
I am not a warden. You are.

It is your cage.
It is your snake.
It is you. The warden.
It is your fault.

You made me tear up

Quote from: evilcabbage on September 25, 2016, 09:37:58 PM
Quote from: Iiyola on September 25, 2016, 03:27:38 PM
Says the Cabbage.

watch it screen-licking white blob.

i can turn you green and leafy in a heartbeat.

Mlem.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

'(with a light coming to life in his eyes) Huh.

Dibs on this n00bs boots.

And someone be sure to arrange his corpse to have a cool ldesc of snakes and shit crawling all over him.
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Dar on September 25, 2016, 03:13:38 PM
Dean Koontz?
Old Koontzy rides the bus.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

Quote from: Valsin on September 25, 2016, 09:38:02 AM
I have many questions.  One which is how do I see my karma points.
There is nowhere to see your karma points, but if disconnect from your character  on the main screen, there will be a selection you can make that will show you what guilds are available to you. That can clue you in as to how many karma you have. Also, don't forget to submit an account review every 6 months to see if you are eligible for karma.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

September 26, 2016, 04:18:04 PM #21 Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:09:39 PM by BadSkeelz
You can ask for a Karma review every six months. This may result in a change.

You can ask for an Account review at least as often. This will let you know how much karma you currently have, as well as any other notes you've acquired. They also process much faster than Karma reviews. If you just want to know how much karma you have, ask for this.

*continues to munch fried eyeballs dipped in ranch as he watches the thread*
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on September 26, 2016, 05:11:08 PM
*continues to munch fried eyeballs dipped in ranch as he watches the thread*

I love jalepeno poppers
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

to me

writing

with
                                                         the                 rebellious

pre
     ten
          sion
                                                                                                      of

a                                              fifteen                               year                         old                                wiccan

i
s
m           
  o
r
e

IMPORTANT

than being

u                                               s
n                                               t
d                                               o
e                                               o