Psionics: Ideas and discussion on etiquette

Started by Chettaman, August 17, 2016, 10:11:52 PM

You're not wrong about them magickers being deadlier. But it's more about having a magickal sub that compliments the mundane guild well and less about the actual magick. They're basically a ranger/warrior/whatever with a few x-men powers.

I thought I'd never say this.

Psionics would be cooler if it were broken up into subguilds.

I don't know that I agree. I already feel bad for the players of Psionicists. It has such a high difficulty already, I don't really think making their endgame weaker is really a thing we'd want.

Quote from: th3kaiser on September 30, 2016, 05:11:24 PM
I don't know that I agree. I already feel bad for the players of Psionicists. It has such a high difficulty already, I don't really think making their endgame weaker is really a thing we'd want.

I agree -- If anything, I would like the subguilds to be as powerful as a full psion, with just different foci.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

If you have a secret to keep (and are a responsible roleplayer), psionicists are terrifying.

That's all I'll say about that, I guess.

Quote from: Delirium on September 30, 2016, 09:09:52 PM
If you have a secret to keep (and are a responsible roleplayer), psionicists are terrifying.

That's all I'll say about that, I guess.

I feel really happy I'm not alone in finding psionics still relevant and scary right now.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

(and are a responsible roleplayer)

Shit. That's a pretty high bar to set.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on October 01, 2016, 09:47:25 AM
(and are a responsible roleplayer)

Shit. That's a pretty high bar to set.

Patuk, you're so jaded! Sit down. Have some tea with me, my darling. Our playerbase is what makes this game. They are the pulse and the blood.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?