Game activity?

Started by Nile, August 05, 2016, 10:50:35 PM

Just lurking some of my old haunts to see how they're faring. Can't find the stats page for Armageddon so thought I'd make a thread. How active is the game these days? Last time I played some years back I seem to remember averaging like 75 or so online during peak times.
Free your hate.

We removed the roleplay enforced shtick from the game and we're now in 300+ playerbase every day. Just fair warning, if you try to roleplay, you get flagged as "PK" and all mobs try to kill you.

sorry. couldnt resist. welcome back.

Recently returned myself. Definitely lower numbers at peak than that, but as far as I can recall it was always lower during the summer months. There's been some playing area consolidation, Tuluk is closed (for real, no pranks here), and so most areas seem populated enough that you'll find interaction.

I see 50-60 peak with at least 20-30 all other times except for an hour or two at the most off peak (~3-5am pst) where it can dip into single digits.

Wish I could say I was returning but real life doesn't allow me to play MUDs anymore :(

Growing up sucks.
Free your hate.

Just came back myself after about a year and a half more or less. Still as fun as ever. There's not as many players as before. However, with Tuluk closed you'll find more going on in Allanak, Red Storm and Luir's Outpost than before. But as Kankman said, there's less players on during the summer months (I noticed this too). Tonight (a saturday), there's about 35 people playing. Not bad. But I'd expect more for a weekend night.

Other than that, the players are still just as fantastic as they always were. And it looks like there's been a lot going on recently. And I've met a lot of interesting characters involved in some interesting plots. Definitely happy to be back and will probably stick around for a while.
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

Quote from: Nile on August 06, 2016, 10:01:42 PM
Wish I could say I was returning but real life doesn't allow me to play MUDs anymore :(

Growing up sucks.

I am quite grown up.  And I still play.  Some things are worth it.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

It seems busy compared to a few months ago

I think once summer comes to an end, there will be more activity.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

I thought I couldn't play anymore, then I tried.

All I did was cut down on TV with my wife. Instead, I just have a laptop and she watches anime on Crunchyroll or draws or something.

It's a much better life.

Being an adult with Armageddon is sweet.

Yeah, I'm with Kankman.

I just stopped talking to my wife and family, completely shut off the tv, and started a new job where I beg people for money online using a robot, so I could quit my old 9 - 12 grind, and focus on the important things.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

I adult it up and still manage to play regularly. Like Kankman said, instead of mindlessly staring at the television I mindlessly stare at my laptop for an hour and a half every evening while my wife and kids take over the remote.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Aw you nerds are funny. I manage a 9-5 job and still put in many hours a day. *cough* 2 days a week I work but still *cough*

Quote from: WarriorPoet on August 08, 2016, 04:58:51 PM
I adult it up and still manage to play regularly. Like Kankman said, instead of mindlessly staring at the television I mindlessly stare at my laptop for an hour and a half every evening while my wife and kids take over the remote.

This is pretty much how my living room works.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."