Looking for an a certain player

Started by Gilgamesh, July 19, 2016, 08:11:51 PM

Hi, I'm just getting back to the game and I'd like to get in touch with a player that I had a lot of fun with and we connected both IC and OOC. I'm not sure if they are still playing. Can I get in contact with this player? Is that against the rules? We won't discuss current events or anything. Also, the characters we both played are years old. About 5. So is it okay to post up the names of our character's and see if they respond? It'd be nice to reconnect and possibly in the future, plan characters together (family, old friends, etc.) if that's allowed.
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

In the end, this game wouldn't survive if there wasn't the ability to draw people in with stories, and share circumstances over long-dead plot lines. Of course, we try not to ruin any veneer or shine, but I feel like we can all agree that sometimes, finding out "Oh my god Lizzie! You were Senior Merchant Happenstance? With the funny dance? I WAS CAPTAIN REGINALD" (or whatever).

Especially if it was a person you enjoyed playing with, and on the GDB its up to them to reach out or not. Wouldn't seem forcing, or anything. And as you said, they may not even play.

I miss some old vets.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Missed connections

You: crawling on all fours like a quirri in a destroyed wagon en route to Luir's.
Me: pretending to have milk in my waterskin.
Hope you see this; I really want to talk to you again.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

July 22, 2016, 04:53:00 AM #4 Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:08:12 AM by Gilgamesh
Cool.

So, this was back in 2012, so the chances of us meeting again are slim, but I hope we could become online friends or something. It was a crazy situation for both of us and please message me on the board, I hope to hear from you again.

This was my first character (and poorly played) Sulmon, the tribal who working for Kuraci. You were the horrible disfigured ex-Bynner then Kuraci Fist nympho named Craven. You have me my first (and only) kudos!  ;D I'm sorry, I forgot your board handle and I would remember you by your avatar image but it has probably changed since.

I had a lot of fun and I hope you're still playing and see this.

I miss Tuluk....

Quote from: Riev on July 21, 2016, 08:39:53 PM
In the end, this game wouldn't survive if there wasn't the ability to draw people in with stories, and share circumstances over long-dead plot lines. Of course, we try not to ruin any veneer or shine, but I feel like we can all agree that sometimes, finding out "Oh my god Lizzie! You were Senior Merchant Happenstance? With the funny dance? I WAS CAPTAIN REGINALD" (or whatever).

Especially if it was a person you enjoyed playing with, and on the GDB its up to them to reach out or not. Wouldn't seem forcing, or anything. And as you said, they may not even play.

I miss some old vets.

I think we should make a thread for this. I know I've wanting to apologize for my old character Bozidar (Oashi aide) for a while now. That character was really poorly thought out and I really regret it. I was in such amazing situations that were wasted of me entirely. And make some stupid decisions with him. But I always at the Aide position through rose-tinted glasses (Byn, too). I find with that role when you first start, you're really excited but you slowly lose enthusiasm over time because how hard things can being an aide so many times. I find that may favorite role that is always fun when you go back to is a freelance travelling merchant. Besides the freedom, you get to meet and RP with a lot of different people. I haven't been back since Tuluk has closed so it kinda disappointed not being able to visit both cities and act as a middle man for Northern and Southern politics and such. But I understand why the staff had to close Tuluk. It was empty. But I digress....

I miss Tuluk....