Mortal wounds

Started by Anarchy, October 11, 2003, 07:47:16 PM

If a PC is mortally wounded, can they still hear and see emotes and tells and says? If not, why not?

I mean, sure maybe realisticly they would be passed out, but to me it would be great so they can hear and see what happens to there PC just before they die.

[Hp:-1/Mv:20/stun:12]
Standing over the poor victim, the masked raider tilts the poor victim's head back, pulling its bow-string back as he takes aim at her throat.

The poor victim spits up blood, staining the sand she lies in with her blood.

The masked raider tells the poor victim, sighing as the string pulls taunt, the black tip of his arrow glinting in the sunlight. "Shit, thats tha way things gotta be."

The poor victim says, coughing as she struggles to speak "No, please!"

The masked raider releases the draw-string of his bow, the arrow flying towards the poor victim's exposed throat, sinking deep into the flesh.

Would be nice if you could see and hear tells and emotes at least.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

If I remember right you see emotes as "someone" does whateever,but you can't hear anything ...I could be wrong though.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

As far as I know being mortally wounded is exactly the same as being asleep or unconscious.

You see emotes as "someones" but can't see (look) or hear anything.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Marc is correct. The player mortally wounded can see emotes as if he/she was asleep, though it will give the message <someone>, rather than the actual sdesc of the assailant.

I think you can emote while unconcious now (a new change, if I recall correctly), but you can't speak or hear.  You can "see" other emotes though.  I can recall specifically a rather gruesomely-emoted time where field surgery was being performed on my unconcious character.  It was great.  :D

When asleep or unconcious you don't see ALL other emotes. From what I can tell you only see ones directed at you. Could be wrong, but seems to be the case.

Just to refresh my memory, do you see OOCs when you're unconscious or asleep? I think you do, and it shows up as someones, but I'm not 100% sure.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "Jenred"When asleep or unconcious you don't see ALL other emotes. From what I can tell you only see ones directed at you. Could be wrong, but seems to be the case.

Directed emotes?  My experience is that you see all emotes made with the emote command, but not ones that are made as part of another command like say, talk, look, or movement.  But I could be confused, I don't spend that much time unconcious around other PCs.  ;)
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

It would be cool if your mortally wounded character could hear whispers, though I don't know how realistic that is.

What fun to kak someone and whisper to them so bad thing just before they venture into that unknown land.

:-)
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

My last character having sat unconscious for nearly 3 minutes before her murderers did her in, I can back this one up...you CAN see ALL emotes that come from the emote command, because I know for a fact that I saw emotes that weren't directed at my character.  (I will always remember this, since it was my most awesome character death to date.)
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

To add to what's already been confirmed by others...

I'd really love to be able to OOC while mortally wounded or unconscous. Nothing is more frustrating than being in your own character's home, seemingly alone, in the quit-safe room and ready to logoff, when you see this:

Someone comes out of the shadows and swings a blunt object at your head!

You crumple to the ground.

I'd like, in that situation, to do this:

ooc Oh shit can we pretend this didn't happen just now? I gotta log off.
Someone says, OOC, "Sure, didn't know, sorry."

Doesn't happen often I'm guessing, but twice now I've lost characters simply because I didn't have time to RP even attempting to save their lives.

QuoteTo add to what's already been confirmed by others...

I'd really love to be able to OOC while mortally wounded or unconscous. Nothing is more frustrating than being in your own character's home, seemingly alone, in the quit-safe room and ready to logoff, when you see this:

Someone comes out of the shadows and swings a blunt object at your head!

You crumple to the ground.

I'd like, in that situation, to do this:

ooc Oh shit can we pretend this didn't happen just now? I gotta log off.
Someone says, OOC, "Sure, didn't know, sorry."

Doesn't happen often I'm guessing, but twice now I've lost characters simply because I didn't have time to RP even attempting to save their lives.

I'm sure you have the best intentions, but I find something like that to generally be unacceptable. If you don't have much time, either OOCly ask that the death be hurried along or just do something crazy. I'd much rather act out of character than OOCly guilt someone into changing their game plan and altering things.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I'm talking about when you have "quit" already typed in your buffer, it's late, you're falling asleep, you have to get up for work in the morning, and all you want to do is shut the computer off. Times when even the time needed to quit  the game is annoying. Doing something crazy or standing there waiting to die can take even more time, and add to an even more annoying situation.

Times where you want to post on the GDB,

Hey everyone, my character is So and So, and I HAVE to be logged off by "x" time every night so if you want to kill them, PLEASE arrange it with enough time so we can RP it out.

We're allowed to coordinate other kinds of RPTs with advance notice, but for obvious reasons we just can't do that with the ones that result in our own characters' deaths. I just wish there was some way to pause stuff like that so we can continue it another time.

Mostly it's just a vent. Feels good to get it out though :)