Redstorm Markets

Started by Dresan, July 10, 2016, 04:49:58 PM

I know Morgenes created a script to allow shops a chance to sell stuff once ever hour. Can this be rate increased for redstorm or at least starting coins. I know I'm not the first to suggest this as well.  It seems like the vendors there, never have any coins.

These are supposed to be some of the most exotic markets and since Redstorm is connected with spice, you would think they have markets eagar to buy much needed supplies and resources from the north. However vendors there are often broke, unable to buy interesting things, and thus not having anything of interest for the people to travel there as well.

I really think all the markets except perhaps those in allanak and luirs(its sometimes bad there too) suffer from this and I hope it gets looked at.

Quote from: Dresan on July 10, 2016, 04:49:58 PM
I know Morgenes created a script to allow shops a chance to sell stuff once ever hour. Can this be rate increased for redstorm or at least starting coins. I know I'm not the first to suggest this as well.  It seems like the vendors there, never have any coins.

These are supposed to be some of the most exotic markets and since Redstorm is connected with spice, you would think they have markets eagar to buy much needed supplies and resources from the north. However vendors there are often broke, unable to buy interesting things, and thus not having anything of interest for the people to travel there as well.

I really think all the markets except perhaps those in allanak and luirs(its sometimes bad there too) suffer from this and I hope it gets looked at.

Honestly Luir's gets pretty bad if you're someone that goes there frequently. And recently it's seems to have gotten even worse. Nothing is weirder than going to the Kuraci agent and him saying he's broke.

It's an everywhere thing, and Drov, Allanak was terrible when I was there too. It was like every reset people rushed to the stores and sold everything they had and anyone else was screwed unless they were buying something.

The number of times I have bought something that only vaguely interested me in these places just so I can sell something useless to me is ludicrous.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

I think Red Storm may be the worst about this that I've seen.

RSV is definitely pretty bad. From what I can figure (I might just be showing up 2 minutes too late), the stump in the first shop in from the road starts out with ZERO coins. You have to buy from him to get his pockets jingling.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Does the script that res-supplies and buys/sells shop items turn off when the shop closes?

Maybe making them not close would help with this issue.

/obligatoryshopclosingargumentinjection

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 10, 2016, 07:58:45 PM
Does the script that res-supplies and buys/sells shop items turn off when the shop closes?

Maybe making them not close would help with this issue.

/obligatoryshopclosingargumentinjection

I'm operating from ignorance, but it could also be all the reboots we've been having: the shops in RSV I think start out for a bit at least sidless -- so it'd be more noticeable now.  I'm not sure if they automatically acquire coins after a number of ticks or if PCs supply them the coins, but in general it hasn't been that much of a problem.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Taking a look, there were some issues with shops in Red Storm: the saved version of each shop that loads on reboot was some instance where the shops had been cleaned out by someone. Likely this was an unintended error from long ago. This is the reason why some of those shops carried items not appropriate for the region (ginka fruits, maar crossbows, etc). I went through all the shops (not that there are many) and reset them to their original stock/coin amounts. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Quote from: Nergal on July 10, 2016, 08:34:34 PM
Taking a look, there were some issues with shops in Red Storm: the saved version of each shop that loads on reboot was some instance where the shops had been cleaned out by someone. Likely this was an unintended error from long ago. This is the reason why some of those shops carried items not appropriate for the region (ginka fruits, maar crossbows, etc). I went through all the shops (not that there are many) and reset them to their original stock/coin amounts. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

You are the Rock Star of Reboots. Thanks Nergal!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Nergal gets to keep his(?) boots. Not the waterskin though, just the boots.

Thank you, Nergal!
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

My problem with a "fix" like that is that now it's the same people making a small fortune over and over again while the rest of those who play "normally" are still running into the "not enough coins for your crap, pal" problem of pre-fix.

So it seriously only helps a few get richer than ever but doesn't really fix anything for the rest.

And now that there's a delay with spice sifting, it basically tosses that way of making money back to the clay pit pennies per hour worked deal.

There needs to be a better way to balance it all than to make those who play 24 hours a day richer while the part time players are getting their sid-making ways diminished.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

July 13, 2016, 08:50:41 PM #12 Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:55:17 PM by Nergal
Have you tried spice sifting post-update? It's been balanced for profitability - you should be making a bit more than clay pit money.
Edit to add: Quite a bit more, really. I've tested it to the extent that I can confirm you can usually get the required minimum 50 spice grains under decent foraging conditions. That's at least 100 coins/day. It's not sandcloth sleeves level of profit but it wasn't meant to be, because that's silly anyway.

July 13, 2016, 08:58:01 PM #13 Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:00:48 PM by Malken
Quote from: Nergal on July 13, 2016, 08:50:41 PM
Have you tried spice sifting post-update? It's been balanced for profitability - you should be making a bit more than clay pit money.

I have, but I can't really be the best judge of it since my forage isn't that high, but from what I've experienced it takes forever to gather 50 grains (at least with a low forage level) to make it worth it.

If you mean that the payout of those 50 grains should be higher now than it was before, I can't say that I've witnessed much of a difference than pre-sifting.

But again, with the new changes, I'm not really wanting to stay in front of my monitor long enough to gather 50 grains anymore to be the best judge (I will admit that comparing it with clay foraging is probably a bit of an exaggeration though :) )

Did you add better paying grains then? (I'm not really sure I understand the "balanced for profitability" part)

Can I suggest a chance of getting more than one grain per attempts if your forage is high enough?

Rarer spices are worth more to Kurac, and instead of grains disappearing into the ether they are actually accessible to Kuraci PCs for processing.

Quote from: Nergal on July 13, 2016, 09:01:04 PM
Rarer spices are worth more to Kurac, and instead of grains disappearing into the ether they are actually accessible to Kuraci PCs for processing.

*scratches head*

So you are saying that the new change is more profitable to Kuraci PCs but it's about the same for indie sifters? and that there's a chance of getting rarer spices now while it wasn't before?

(I totally agree that the no-delay sifting of the past was silly, so again I'm mostly just trying to understand these changes - I still think that it's a bummer that it's the same people making a fortune with shops but even more so than before now that it's been "fixed" but that's been a problem with shop limits forever now so probably much harder to tackle)

The prices indie sifters receive for their spice are higher than it used to be, so no, indies benefit as well. It's possible prices can be adjusted slightly upward as they were set pre-delay addition. In fact, let me do that before posting this.

As for the shops, they all have plenty of coin in the times I've checked since fixing the shops.

July 16, 2016, 10:33:33 AM #17 Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:46:06 AM by Dresan
I think its improved a bit, but not sure if the all changes are saving through reboot or if its just someone coming in and selling before me. Thinking its the latter, they still seem pretty poor by the time I get there but at least they do seem to have some stuff in their inventory.

The salarr shop in redstorm seems to still be relatively poor even after reboot.

I still feel like luirs and allanak are better places to go sell my stuff without running into these problems, not to mention the local scrab stuff sells well, but more rare harder to get stuff from farther away is not worth as much.