Salt Flats/Custom Forage Seeder/SimDesert Object discussion

Started by Nergal, July 10, 2016, 01:55:49 PM

Quote from: Riev on July 14, 2016, 05:21:35 PM
Quote from: Clavis on July 14, 2016, 11:14:23 AM

As for having to go deeper into the salt to go forage, I hate the idea, I like all being comfy safe knowing that I can run from my salting spot to the gates, on my speedy mount/boots. yet if I need to I'll be out there, getting ready to outrun a mek.

Which you still can do. They didn't say "no more foraging unless deep in salt". They said if you go to the edges, there will be less variety and less chance at a fortune being made.

I highly suggest finding a friend, or hiring someone to keep an eye on you if you want to go deeper in. Maybe it'll be worth the cost, if you can find yourself a nice little spot that doesn't seem too busy,

yeah, that's more then likely what I would do, either go at the edges, and not make as much, or hire some muscle, or find another to go in with.
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Quote from: Jihelu on July 14, 2016, 09:50:59 PM
Can you see salt deposits from other rooms?

It'd be cool if this related to 'scan' somehow.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Jihelu on July 14, 2016, 09:50:59 PM
Can you see salt deposits from other rooms?

Yes.

Find out IG.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

I'm pretty sure you can see salt deposits from another room. They show up looking like a sand dune, or something beneath the sand. I forget the exact syntax.

Seriously, don't listen to me.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

It's reasonable to assume that you can see salt patches from quite a distance, as the Salt Flats are, well, flat... and visibility is pretty good as long as it's not stormy.