Code Suggestion: Way to see how you look to others in the room.

Started by Asmoth, June 03, 2016, 04:44:29 PM

assess self:

You currently are displayed in the room as : A tall, tressy tressed, big boobed girl is floating above the ground here.

<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

I agree this should be a thing.

I imagine you have in mind a frustrating thing about playing a gick, namely, with at least some spells, it changes your ldesc so you are 'The bug-eyed youth is here, glowing with a great big dick glow' -- but you don't know that!  (Leading to gicks sitting around asking each other: wait, let me cast this.  Ok, am I glowing?)

That said, there are two partial solutions available:

1. l self (tells you if you have a hood up at the end of the mdesc).

2. prompt %L and %S

Neither, though, will let you know what coded amendments to your ldesc are present (e.g., bleeding heavily, floating with floatsticks).

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on June 03, 2016, 04:47:56 PM
I agree this should be a thing.

I imagine you have in mind a frustrating thing about playing a gick, namely, with at least some spells, it changes your ldesc so you are 'The bug-eyed youth is here, glowing with a great big dick glow' -- but you don't know that!  (Leading to gicks sitting around asking each other: wait, let me cast this.  Ok, am I glowing?)

That said, there are two partial solutions available:

1. l self (tells you if you have a hood up at the end of the mdesc).

2. prompt %L and %S

Neither, though, will let you know what coded amendments to your ldesc are present (e.g., bleeding heavily, floating with floatsticks).

Exactly, I can have a big glowing dick sprouted from my forehead and not know, and I'm the host of said big glowing dick.  Yet a day 1 noob can walk in the room and point at me and scream MAGICK!
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

If your ldesc is different, either because you've changed it or because you're doing something that has changed it (crafting, magicking, whatever) doesn't 'score' inform you of that?

Quote from: manipura on June 03, 2016, 05:47:16 PM
If your ldesc is different, either because you've changed it or because you're doing something that has changed it (crafting, magicking, whatever) doesn't 'score' inform you of that?

Could be wrong, but it just says: 'Code Generated Long Description'.  Unless you set it with 'change ldesc'.  In any case, it won't tell you about code generated ldescs.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on June 03, 2016, 05:50:12 PM
Quote from: manipura on June 03, 2016, 05:47:16 PM

Could be wrong, but it just says: 'Code Generated Long Description'.  Unless you set it with 'change ldesc'.  In any case, it won't tell you about code generated ldescs.

This is the case, so people will see, A dude, with a glowing dick.

But you will just see, Code Generated blah.

I'd love it if the "code-generated" line was replaced with your actual current ldesc, regardless of who or what set it. You'd still need to type "score" to see it but at least you would, in fact, see it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on June 03, 2016, 06:28:39 PM
I'd love it if the "code-generated" line was replaced with your actual current ldesc, regardless of who or what set it. You'd still need to type "score" to see it but at least you would, in fact, see it.

Agreed, and it's probably already some type of variable, because the game has to pull your current sdesc from the code somewhere.

Just have that line be pulled into the Score.  Should be an easy fix.