Things I would need to know

Started by MarshallDFX, May 31, 2016, 09:10:10 PM

So I've not played in about 5 years.  What all would I need to know/review to hit the ground running?

Any sage advice for staying alive in the 22nd age?

Make sure to punch every templar you see in the flaps.

(Dont do this, unless you want laughs at how dead it will make you.)

Tuluk is closed.
Magik guilds are now subs.
Banking system was changed.
Lots more.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Welcome back,

The Chronology page is pretty up-to-date with major world-affecting events. Not local-level politics and other nitty gritty, of course, but it has all the big things.

http://www.armageddon.org/world/chronology.php

I guess there's been a change to Flee in the last five years that can be pretty brutal to returning players? Fleeing most enemies (except those with "Mercy: Flee On") will provoke an attack of opportunity on you.

Yes.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Hey, I remember you!  Welcome back!

As far as gameplay/game world...there shouldn't be much to keep you from getting in and getting going.  There are less clans than there used to be for you to choose from (much to my chagrin), but everything should seem pretty familiar to you.

I'm not sure if this is something you missed that you should know, but the flee skill now keeps you from getting attacked when you run away from a fight. So depending on what kind of characters you play, when you are new, play much more conservatively as far as combat than you're used to.  The whole 'work at maxing skills before doing anything dangerous' has become a supported, reinforced, and required mentality via expectations and code changes to the game, if you're looking to engage in combat.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Play in the byn for two years before you begin to murder people.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

so glad this thread is here, for my returning ass as well.... seriously tuluk closed how ever am I spose to make a tree hugger now!

and combat omg as if it wasn't dangerous enough! (goes to punch a templar in the flaps as was highly recommended)
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Quote from: Clavis on June 01, 2016, 03:00:33 PM
so glad this thread is here, for my returning ass as well.... seriously tuluk closed how ever am I spose to make a tree hugger now!

and combat omg as if it wasn't dangerous enough! (goes to punch a templar in the flaps as was highly recommended)
There is still Morins which is spitting distance to the west of Tuluk.

So you can hug trees from there as your home base.

My only complaint about Morins is it is drought or flood last time I tried to play there.

Sometimes you have a bunch of interesting people. Others it's single player arm with npcs.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

Luir's has apartments.

Red Storm has additional apartments.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

wait what.. luirs has... apartments.. how long have I been sleeping?
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Quote from: Clavis on June 01, 2016, 10:20:18 PM

Luirs has tents to be exact...

Quote from: Asmoth on June 01, 2016, 10:53:00 PM

And hovels.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on June 01, 2016, 10:55:02 PM
Quote from: Asmoth on June 01, 2016, 10:53:00 PM

And hovels.

I believe the megawealthy can rent a shanty there.

But only for the seriously affluenzic.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.