Move the Byn Compound Closer to the Gaj and the Gladiator

Started by nauta, May 18, 2016, 06:48:22 PM

I think that sums up my code idea.

I think it would encourage more public appearances by the Byn.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

More seriously, I think there's room for IC challenges to be made for Gaj dominance. Maybe. Haven't quite worked out the logistics but it would require a tent, possible code changes, and max Haggle.

Blasphemy. Those shit-stained mercenaries hold a compound closest to the shittiest part of the city. I also don't think you can easily stuff the large number of rooms into a location closer to the Gaj.

They are sorta merchants... so being close to the Merchant's Quarter but not inside it makes sense to me.
Whatever happens, happens.

Keep their smelly asses on Warrior's Way. No one needs their bullshit so close to the Gaj.

But seriously, the Byn compound should not be changed. It's iconic. And perfect.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Move everything into the 'rinth. Everyone's happy.  :D

I've seen plenty of Bynners in the Gaj. Hell, I've seen Bynners in Reds' Retreat and that's way the hell on the other-side of the city.

Plus, I think the Byn being in the Merchant Quarter is a good idea. If Overseer Amos wants to send a dozen of his finest merchants down to Morin's Village to sell to the layabouts there, he can just waltz out the warehouse where he was probably doing inventory and walk right up to the Byn Compound and hire a contigent of Bynners to Byn for his folks.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

If Vennant had been smart he would have opened the Gladiator & Gaj right across from the Arena in one of those abandoned warehouses.

My counter: move the Gaj and Gladiator closer to the Byn Compound.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Or just spend the 60 seconds it takes to walk to the Gaj from the Byn Compound....it isn't like it takes 10 minutes to get there.

I wonder if staff would get angry if I just posted an alias for a client or two on player collaboration. Spamwalking may not be entirely kosher, but it's easy!
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

If you haven't memorized the walk from the compound to the Gaj you aren't a real Bynner anyway.

If the amount of time it takes for someone to make that walk through the city is what's keeping them from showing up....I'm not sure I want them showing up.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on May 19, 2016, 08:28:57 AM
If the amount of time it takes for someone to make that walk through the city is what's keeping them from showing up....I'm not sure I want them showing up.

+8.

SUFFER FOR YOUR ART YOU FUCKING SHITCLOAKS!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

May 19, 2016, 10:12:14 AM #16 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:14:08 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

We've only got one low-class bar, why don't we get another? Something better than the Gaj, but worse than Red's.

Quote from: little chicken woman on May 19, 2016, 03:38:49 PM
We've only got one low-class bar, why don't we get another? Something better than the Gaj, but worse than Red's.

Tuluk had too many taverns. In my opinion it was a bad thing.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

The Red's is already that middling ground bar now too. Especially these days as the Arboretum exists to provide that high class bar experience.

May 19, 2016, 04:50:54 PM #20 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:13:59 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Perfunctory post that the Dive bars are in the Rinth.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on May 19, 2016, 05:15:17 PM

Perfunctory post that the Dive bars are in the Rinth.

Which -- at least if my little grid paper map is correct -- abuts the Byn compound, ironically.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 19, 2016, 03:52:29 PM
The Red's is already that middling ground bar now too. Especially these days as the Arboretum exists to provide that high class bar experience.

THEY MOVED THE ARBORETUM

Only because the building collapsed and did a somersault across Meleth's Circle. They're just lucky all the furniture had already been nailed to the ceiling as a joke.