Underwear slots

Started by ChibiTama, May 07, 2016, 10:49:34 AM

I thought I had seen something posted about this before, but I think it was in General discussion. I believe there were a good number of people who really wanted there to be at least one underwear slot that is able to be hidden under regular clothes. I think it would definitely add some more flavor to the game if this were incorporated. I think it would be good to have two underwear slots. One for the top and one for the bottom. For males, it could simply be used for undershirts or not at all. Of course, not everyone would have to wear underwear.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

That was my idea the other thread. This would be kind of nice, wouldn't it?

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on May 07, 2016, 10:51:30 AM
That was my idea the other thread. This would be kind of nice, wouldn't it?
Very much so! That extra bit of flavor would be fantastic, if you ask me.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

Church lady does not approve of this idea!
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

While I think new gear slots is awesome cause I'm addicted to clothing in this game, I've always just assumed almost everyone was wearing underwear.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

People wear underwear?
Gross

I always RP being naked under whatever I wear. underwear is for them rich folks and secret 'gickers.

However, I do think having two extra underwear slots couldn't possibly hurt - and would only introduce more flavor into the game, instead of.. Ya know.. (*wink wink* removing *jab* *jab* the *cough* flavor).

Honestly I'd love to see underwear slots. I think I've seen a few items I consider underwear and it just looks silly wearing them where they're kinda obvious unless my skirt is specifically described as half-way to my knee. *eyeroll*

Then again maybe those items are just my perception and there are none, which leads me to my sincere wish that there was. Panties are fun.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

I do wish we had underwear slots, but beyond that, I wish we had slots between armor and underwear. Primarily, shirt and pants.

AFAIK, people didn't actually wear armor on bare skin.

So, torso and loins underwear locations, and trousers and tunic locations.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on May 10, 2016, 04:06:29 AM
I do wish we had underwear slots, but beyond that, I wish we had slots between armor and underwear. Primarily, shirt and pants.

AFAIK, people didn't actually wear armor on bare skin.

So, torso and loins underwear locations, and trousers and tunic locations.

YES! YES! YES! MORE!

If that was the case, you'd need to somehow factor the clothing into the overall armor weight so that by having a shirt on or underwear on you don't go from 'Ha ha, I am fine!' to 'OH GOD I'M DYING'

Very rarely does clothing weigh more than a stone. So rarely would that be an unrealistic factor.

I think we need a 'right ear' and a 'left ear' location for tattoos. Because, you know, in Nak, there's a set of earrings/studs that you can buy which is coded like a tattoo... which means you really can't wear it on your ears since there isn't a tattoo location for the ears.

I also think there should be a 'right thigh'/'left thigh' location for sheaths. It's an easier reach than ankles.
I ruin immershunz.

May 10, 2016, 08:10:05 AM #13 Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:31:30 AM by nauta
While we're at it I noticed that if I want to wear that nose ring in the game, I can't wear a facewrap at the same time.

So... in addition to <under> for everything you could have:

<over face> (for facewraps, faceguards)
<on nose>
<on lips>
<on left/right eyebrow>
<on mouth>
<over mouth> (for facewraps, bandanas)
<on knees> (for kneeguards)
<as pet> (for pets! so you can wear an epaulette and have a songbird pooping on your shoulder)

Also, flowers in your hair get squished by helmets, and they should decay if worn.

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Meh. Don't dig the knees location, but +1 for a pet location.