Reply (to "A staff member sends: <whatever>")

Started by IAmJacksOpinion, May 02, 2016, 06:27:55 PM

You ever wish up for something, get it done with the ninja quickness, and want to send a "Thnx"?  Or send a "wish all" that turns into a discussion, which you're not sure how to continue? (Do you spam wish all? Do you switch to OOC?)

Introducing "reply"! (TM)

A staff member sends:
   "Okay, I <did thing>."

->reply Thank you!
You send back:
   "Thank you!"

It would respond to the last imm who sent you a "send" within your current session.

Either that, or just append a name to the send that we can wish to. Even if it's an alias.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

It's better to respond with a wish than an OOC, unless you're in an OOC room or a private area (ie. when a noble or templar is being set up, or you're in an immortal room, etc).

There's a chance whoever was helping you might not see the OOC, plus it might be distracting to other PCs in the room!

Quote from: Mordiggian on May 03, 2016, 03:01:41 AM
It's better to respond with a wish than an OOC, unless you're in an OOC room or a private area (ie. when a noble or templar is being set up, or you're in an immortal room, etc).

There's a chance whoever was helping you might not see the OOC, plus it might be distracting to other PCs in the room!
But I roleplay alone ;.;

Quote from: Jihelu on May 03, 2016, 08:58:23 AM
But I roleplay alone ;.;

That's what they want you to think.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

I know if that I am working with someone via wish and it may turn into a discussion, I'll go to them and OOC as to keep the wish channel clear for other staff.  If it really needs to be a full discussion without interruption, I'll just pull the person to my room, as long as it isn't interrupting RP and the player is alright with it.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Quote from: Mordiggian on May 03, 2016, 03:01:41 AM

Quote from: Ath on May 03, 2016, 11:39:20 AM
I know if that I am working with someone via wish and it may turn into a discussion, I'll go to them and OOC as to keep the wish channel clear for other staff.  If it really needs to be a full discussion without interruption, I'll just pull the person to my room, as long as it isn't interrupting RP and the player is alright with it.

These responses outline exactly why I think this would be a good command. You're not always in a private setting, and you're not always able to be pulled out of a scene you're in.

You wish:
   "Hey, I'm about to PK this guy. Just FYI."

A staff member sends:
   "Wait, why?"

You OOC:
   "I want his boots. Plus, I think he's guild merchant so I can totally own him."

The tall muscular man pauses in the middle of disrobing and glances at you skeptically.

As you finish locking the apartment door, you say in sirihish:
    "Okay, just the gorget and helmet left, hun. Go lie down on the bed..."

(Not really. I just thought it was funny.)
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

You can reply with a wish all "Thanks" or whatever.  If a back and forth discussion is needed, we can simply come to you and start talking in OOC or even pull you to...

Denny's Restaurant [3196]  [INDOORS SAFE IMMORTAL] [Quit, Save]
   You stand in a plain, but tastefully decorated restaurant consisting of
several tables and booths and a small counter.  Various patrons can be seen
here eating at most any time of the day, and then leaving and heading for the
nearest apothecary seeking medicinal herbs that can calm queasy stomachs.
   NOTE:  If you have ended up in here from Limbo, or you don't know why
you are here, WISH ALL.  Something has gone wrong.
A shiny, tattered poster of Muk Utep has been taped to the wall.

May 06, 2016, 04:53:31 PM #10 Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:56:19 PM by wizturbo
Kind of off topic, but when I'm playing a sponsored role, having a meeting at "Denny's Restaurant" with my clan staff every 6 months or so would be amazing.  Back and forth character reports are efficient, but really don't make up for the occasional one on one conversation in real time that human beings need now and then to communicate and work together smoothly.

The entire conversation could be logged and pasted into the request tool for tracking and posterity sake...  But having that real time communication would be fantastic.

The minute staff lets me ic reply to a character report in Denny's is the day I stop shit posting.

I mean.
The day I stop shit mugging.

I mean the day I stop doing -Insert something non harmful- here.