Apartments with Views

Started by nauta, April 07, 2016, 12:25:05 AM

I love apartments with views.  This is a code wish, namely: I wish all apartments had views. 

I used to rent the crappy Gemmed apartments just because they had an awesome view of the intersection.

Sometimes, I'd want to idle or craft, and not annoy other people.  Or I'd be mudsexing.  Or I'd be having tea in the apartment.  Or just re-arranging my drawers.  But, the entire time: I wanted to see if someone was around so I could go and interact with them.  Hence: apartment with a view!  It's not a luxury thing, it's an OOC convenience thing.

That's my idea.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

KInda-sorta related...
I always find myself wishing that you could check the weather outside of apartments that have windows. 
If not the weather conditions specifically, I wish you could at least tell whether the moons were out. 
I hate when you're leaving your room with a view (see how I tied it in to be somewhat on-topic?) and you pass a window heading for the door, maybe you emote peeking out, then you get to the road and realize it's the middle of a moonless night.
I have plenty of characters who don't want to wander the city streets in the middle of a pitch-black night.  Being able to see out my window would be a nice way to check on the impending darkness.

I wish there was a real shitty block of apartments, all have windows, and only one has a window that isn't broken.

There's even some apartments that will render you crim-flagged if you are caught doing something that would crim-flag you in them, because the soldiers are down on the street below. If there aren't any NPC soldiers out there in that spot, you don't get crim-flagged. And yet there's no way to "look out" and see whether or not there's a soldier there. I've idea'ed that a few times over the past several years but for whatever reason, it hasn't ever been implemented.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Honestly I bet they're just busy doing other junk. More important stuff, you know.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on April 07, 2016, 10:42:33 AM
Honestly I bet they're just busy doing other junk. More important stuff, you know.

Possibly, but the first time I bugrepped it was around five years ago.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on April 07, 2016, 10:53:13 AM
Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on April 07, 2016, 10:42:33 AM

Possibly, but the first time I bugrepped it was around five years ago.

Completely not related to the topic, but since bugs are mentioned... I wish there was a way to know which bugs you had submitted through the game and whether they'd been fixed or not.
I see on the update page where staff has fixed something like, a half-dozen bugs I've submitted and it sort of infuriates me when I don't know which they are.  Or when I think I might know, and then I check and see them in game not fixed.
Wish I got some notice or something like:
"Hey [account name]!  Thanks for helping to improve the game!  Your bug about "naked Kadian NPCs in 'Nak" got fixed!

On topic: Part of the reason I always love apartments with balconies is the convenience of checking the weather/darkness situation, without having to leave the building.  Not all apartments in game have windows where this might make sense though, some are just narrow slits high up on the wall near the ceiling, I think?  When the mdesc of the room states that my room has a large window looking out to the street outside (or something like that) then 'weather out' seems like it would make perfect sense.

the room with a view OF HELL
staircase OF SATAN
pond OF DEATH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fki1FzWxXRg
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: Lizzie on April 07, 2016, 08:21:23 AM
There's even some apartments that will render you crim-flagged if you are caught doing something that would crim-flag you in them, because the soldiers are down on the street below. If there aren't any NPC soldiers out there in that spot, you don't get crim-flagged. And yet there's no way to "look out" and see whether or not there's a soldier there. I've idea'ed that a few times over the past several years but for whatever reason, it hasn't ever been implemented.

There was also a place where soldiers would stop and look up if you were doing something non-crim, but naughty.  Sometimes stop and cheer.

On topic, yes.  Always loved having a view and think it would be nice for all rooms described as having windows.  But hated having a room with a view on a busy street where there's a tight-lipped soldier, or a bearded Templar, or a sunken-eyed beggar walking by between every action/emote.