Mac Client

Started by DustMight, April 04, 2016, 09:16:12 PM

Got a spiffy mac laptop.  Need a good client (loved Cmud).

I would rather not install some virtual machine just to run a mud client.
Not really interested in compiling anything.

I was thinking Atlantis, but I can't seem to find a link to a "dmg" file to install.

I always liked Savitar. Good logging functions. Don't know if it's still around, though, I haven't mudded on an apple in years.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Thank you, both.
I tried both. Had trouble finding links to current projects.
These both run, so I'll give 'em a go.  :)

I currently use Atlantis...

Let me know if you find any neat tips or tricks. I am not computer savvy. I keep hitting the up arrow like it will recall my last input. Haven't found out how to get that to work... The highlights are great, though.

I hated all the Mac clients so much I ended up dual booting just so I could use Mushclient  :-\

I liked both Atlantis and Mudlet.

Mudlet works well and has tons of scripting features, and auto-completion, tab-completion, and command history.

Atlantis will not run on the latest MacOS.

I'm not sure about Mudlet, but the last time I downloaded it, it wouldnt let me even install it. I'll give it a try once again, just to be doubly-sure.

Since I had no choice for a long time, I just ended up installing Parallels to run Windows and then CMud - on my Macbook.

Is there anyone using any Mac Clients on the latest OS? If so, could you please share the info with us?

Thanks!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

I play on a newish Macbook as well and gave up finding a zmud/cmud client.

I use the basic terminal shell old school style. Yay Mac!  :-\

I'm playing on the latest OS using Mudlet. I seem to remember not being able to install it before though too. But now, it works.

Quote from: Incognito on April 05, 2016, 02:14:36 PM
Atlantis will not run on the latest MacOS.

I'm not sure about Mudlet, but the last time I downloaded it, it wouldnt let me even install it. I'll give it a try once again, just to be doubly-sure.

Since I had no choice for a long time, I just ended up installing Parallels to run Windows and then CMud - on my Macbook.

Is there anyone using any Mac Clients on the latest OS? If so, could you please share the info with us?

Thanks!

I'm using Atlantis on El Capitan 10.11.3