Gladiator Roles

Started by Asmoth, April 04, 2016, 01:58:32 AM

After finally reading the if I was a noble I would do this topic.

About Gladiator Roles, I thought you were allowed to roll up a specific character for fighting in the arena.  Is that a defunct practice?

Because if you guys want some arena play, I'll roll me up a gladiator, just tell me where to sign.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

They've done this a few times, usually for special event-type rpt's. Last one I actually got to participate in (Zaf, the champion Mul) they gave us a second character slot to place our accepted gladiator roles and we got to RP out the slave life and training with other slaves, meet our noble sponsored and in some cases be paraded around the city so the citizens could see the beloved heroes and get some face time.

All in all it was a pretty cool experience. I think at one point I grabbed some chick by the arms and kicked her in the chest until I earned myself a new pair of clubs?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

The joke is just app a mul and congrats you are a gladiator

One of my first characters was a dwarf warrior named Zurak.

I just wrote the background of him being a slave and gladiator, entered the game, found a templar, ooc'd 'Hey, I have this background, let's set this up.'  Within ten minutes they had me in a simple arena fight, which continued over the next fifteen or sixteen days of playing time.  I was sent on AoD missions into the Mantis Valley, road-clearing missions where we fought Tuluki forces, etc.

This is no longer possible.  But it was one of the cool things about 'old armageddon' that I wish was still around; the ability to recognize something was possible to set up in game, and just be allowed to do it.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Well I suppose if you wanna use your one existing character to be a Gladiator.  Why not.

But I have a feeling without doing this after the guys been alive and trained for bit would make for a very short lived gladiator.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Quote from: Asmoth on April 04, 2016, 03:40:53 AM
Well I suppose if you wanna use your one existing character to be a Gladiator.  Why not.

But I have a feeling without doing this after the guys been alive and trained for bit would make for a very short lived gladiator.

You just start at day one of being a gladiator.  Sure, they could be one of the trainers who just needs fodder for their other gladiators, but generally, the stuff thrown in against your PC is the fodder.  They had me trained.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Jihelu on April 04, 2016, 03:13:39 AM
The joke is just app a mul and congrats you are a gladiator

Meh, one of my muls was a former pleasure slave (merchant guild, IIRC).
I have also seem to remember a mul pleasure slave NPC auctioned off IG.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I would probably play a Gladiator Trainer before a Gladiator.

I've already made multiple characters based on Oenomaus' looks, but to play his role would be so fucking cool if there was a PC Gladiator populace. So would Lord Batiatus Borsail, for that matter.

Here's what I would do if you want to play a Gladiator....  put in a request to staff using the request tool, so they can work with you in getting properly supported.  There are players in leadership roles who would love to support you (hint....hint...) but I think some modicum of set up is required for it.