Code Suggestion - Junking rooms.

Started by Asmoth, April 03, 2016, 01:42:22 PM

Quoteidea A command to junk everything in the room, maybe something like JUNK ROOM that makes you confirm it, then starts to junk items laying on the floor of the room in order.  Instead of having to spam get item, junk item.
Your Idea has been filed.  Thanks!

What you guys think?
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

I'm opposed.

Because I would end up using it in every single room around Allanak that is overflowing with scrag legs and guts, leaving me no time to play the game properly.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

It'd end up junking everything that isn't flagged "unmoveable" - including the furniture. Not a good idea.
However.
If there was a way to auto-junk specific things in groups, maybe if it required a minimum of three keywords to work otherwise you get an error:

junk all.*.*.*

Example:

junk all.black.smooth.stone

Would junk every black smooth stone object in the room or _on_ furniture objects in the room, but not IN container objects. You'd just have to hope that the obsidian chest holding all your good stuff doesn't have those keywords.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Vwest on April 03, 2016, 05:31:34 PM
I'm opposed.

Because I would end up using it in every single room around Allanak that is overflowing with scrag legs and guts, leaving me no time to play the game properly.
Vwest, new clan leader of player created clan, JOA, Janitors of Allanak.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

Very scary command.

It's fairly trivial to code one into your client using keyword output.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Could always just have junk room forage, junk room skin, junk room forage target like you do forage stone, forage X.  Then it just targets the oodles of shit lying on the ground from Joe Grebber before you.

Addendum: Should be a way to get rid of quarried objects and deposits if desired. I've been in rooms with ten quarries of sandstone.

Or perhaps not have the game spawn another deposit if there is already one in the room.

You should be able to ">bury quarried"
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on April 03, 2016, 06:43:17 PM
You should be able to ">bury quarried"

OOoh very tidy solution! And - if such a thing were practical to code - make all forage rooms offer the ability to "bury all" and it'd bury any forageable item that's on the ground in the room.
Including individual rocks, tubers, gemstones, artifacts.

No.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Reading some of the initial ideas I can't help but imagining this.

A kewl rpt event [N S]
A noble is here
a noble is here too
there's another noble here
a templar is here
a scary templar is here
another templar is here
a templar is here
a figure in a 1337 cloak is here
a dude is here
amos is here
2.amos is here
Nyr is here
That one elf with bad hide skill is here
*a strange shadow*
*a strange shadow*
*a strange shadow*
A keg of rpt brew
a keg of rpt brew
a keg of rpt brew
a keg of rpt brew
Some other fancy stuff on the ground

A noob arrives from the south
A noob junks all the items in the room

someone says ooc: "fuuuuuuuuu..."
--------------------------------------------------

Methods of avoiding accidental use have some merit. Personally I think leaving proof of your visit and the foraging remains being visible on the ground should be left to show someone was in fact there doing stuff there.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on April 04, 2016, 03:22:23 AM
Reading some of the initial ideas I can't help but imagining this.

A kewl rpt event [N S]
A noble is here
a noble is here too
there's another noble here
a templar is here
a scary templar is here
another templar is here
a templar is here
a figure in a 1337 cloak is here
a dude is here
amos is here
2.amos is here
Nyr is here
That one elf with bad hide skill is here
*a strange shadow*
*a strange shadow*
*a strange shadow*
A keg of rpt brew
a keg of rpt brew
a keg of rpt brew
a keg of rpt brew
Some other fancy stuff on the ground

A noob arrives from the south
A noob junks all the items in the room

someone says ooc: "fuuuuuuuuu..."
--------------------------------------------------

Methods of avoiding accidental use have some merit. Personally I think leaving proof of your visit and the foraging remains being visible on the ground should be left to show someone was in fact there doing stuff there.

My main point of the suggestion was for foragings and such.  Not furniture, trunks and the like.

I just hate when I have to sort through fourty seven of one type of rock and get the, you can't drop that because there is no room because of the ten deposits in the room.

If it's the deposits causing the problem, you could idea just that instead of an overreaching attribute to junk. Perhaps something like this:

IF room has deposit that hasn't been mined yet
THEN another deposit of the same type won't show up.

IF room has deposit that has been completely mined
THEN a second deposit will cause the empty one to disappear.

IF room has partially-mined deposit
THEN player gets an echo reminding them of this, and that same type of deposit won't show up til the first has been emptied.

So the code might give you 5 different deposits but they'd be of different types of stone, and there wouldn't ever be any duplicate deposits in any single room.
Not as useful if there's a whole group together looking for jasper, since they could get more done if they all worked on their own deposit. But the staff could tweak this.

I'd enjoy being able to bury deposits.

I'd enjoy Lizzie's idea of getting more granular with junk (being able to junk all.white.stone or whatever).

I'd really, really enjoy it if junked items went to a random midden heap IF you junk something in Allanak proper (not including within clan compounds).
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.