Unofficial Guess the upcoming changes thread

Started by John, April 01, 2016, 01:27:47 AM

More widespread literacy.

More distance restrictions on The Way.

Better game.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on April 01, 2016, 10:14:33 AM

Better game.

It would help the gameworld feel bigger. Right now it feels like a small town where everyone knows everyone due to the ease of psionics.

Sadly I doubt it will ever happen, as good as I think it would be for the game... it'd mean a lot of lore and code changes.

If you made contact/barrier a wild talent Dark Sun style and made it so only humans could naturally way I think it would be prettyyyy goood
Something something human master race.

With that said. I don't know if it is the best for Armageddon it self.
I do wish contacting/waying was a lot harder than
Contact Amos
Psi "Heres everything you need to know in one short paragraph that I'll lose 10 stun for, thanks"
Cease

Quote from: Delirium on April 01, 2016, 10:15:51 AM
Quote from: Desertman on April 01, 2016, 10:14:33 AM

Better game.

It would help the gameworld feel bigger. Right now it feels like a small town where everyone knows everyone due to the ease of psionics.

Sadly I doubt it will ever happen, as good as I think it would be for the game... it'd mean a lot of lore and code changes.

Yeah, I can't remember where it was said but somewhere recently I got a response from staff about the literacy thing.

Apparently the writing code is one of the primary culprits when it comes to crashing the game to this day, so making it more widespread might cause issues right now.

Sadnews.jpg

As for the big lore change, I don't think it would take a lot really.

It COULD, be I don't think it would necessarily HAVE to.

"A big laser light show was seen above Tuluk. Skrillex dropped a mad beat and a wicked Carebear Stare. Everyone in the Known world felt an extreme pain in their brains. From that day forward use of The Way was but a ghost of its self for most people throughout The Known."

So on and so forth.

"In the following years trade and commerce throughout The Known suffered. Even the nobility and templarate found themselves in tough situations with a lack of an ability to instant cell phone information across the world. The flow of communication and information had to be kept up for the global economy to function. Scribe slaves were taken on and trained in greater numbers. Trusted employees of Houses were more frequently taught to read and write to better serve their employers. Before long literacy began to leak out more frequently into the common population. Literacy became an unstoppable epidemic and so the templarate, in their wisdom, decided to declare it a gift from The Highlord to the people."

Blah blah blah.

Literacy, more restricted use of The Way.

We didn't even have to have a Goku vs Vegeta battle.

Patch notes confirmed...more holes in the northroad.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

If you touch my contact I will cut you.  It's hard enough to find people to RP with sometimes, to organize events, etc.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

April 01, 2016, 10:52:52 AM #32 Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:56:36 AM by Desertman
Quote from: valeria on April 01, 2016, 10:49:34 AM
If you touch my contact I will cut you.  It's hard enough to find people to RP with sometimes, to organize events, etc.

In my mind I would imagine it to still work for distances as far Allanak to Luir's or the equivalent. This puts anyone within a reasonable travel distance to you within your "Way Grasp". Thus, you can still arrange getting together with people who would be realistically close enough to you to get together to begin with.

Anything beyond that and you are looking at relaying messages via a Way contact you have closer to them, or the use of literacy/a message courier.

If the only people you have to roleplay with are farther away from you than that you aren't going to be getting together anytime soon realistically anyways.

(Of course psions would face none of these restrictions in any way.)

Something would need to be added to deal with the godawful nature of trying to get a hold of people. It would be an OOC nightmare to get rid of psionics.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 01, 2016, 10:21:27 PM
Something would need to be added to deal with the godawful nature of trying to get a hold of people. It would be an OOC nightmare to get rid of psionics.

Psions are enslaved, bound, castrated and have their tongues and eyes put out.  They're kept as mute transmitters of messages in the larger settlements, passing messages from one tormented mind to the one in the next city over.

Psionicist have an open role to play, now!  Win-win!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.