Ask the Staff - Inaugural Thread

Started by ArmageddonMUD, April 01, 2016, 12:17:35 AM

Greetings!

This thread will be the first in an ongoing series and tradition of 'Ask the Staff'.  Future threads will be devoted to one particular staff member to allow you to ask them specific questions, get to know your staffing team and more!

This thread, as our first in the series, will be answered by all staff. So please keep the questions general. Let's all be polite, kind and nice to each other!

Hi Staff, S'up?
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

This is to Rath/anyone

When the fuck are you going to acknowledge my bastard status as your child?
And when do I get my own noble house?

Hell yeah, Rider subclass. Now I can advertise my next fme as a Warrior Rider.

Rider makes me think of a certain PC.  Was it a ref to him?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

DON'T FUCKING TOY WITH ME ABOUT LOOK HEMOTE YOU GUYS I MEAN IT
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on April 01, 2016, 12:32:34 AM

I never toy with those who worship me.  You do worship me. Right??
whooooa we're halfway there
whooooa livin in mah lair
take my hand and we'll make it i swear

This is absurd.

Quote from: "The Staff"Rangers are being removed from the game, and being replaced by four subclasses:  Stalker, Rider, Herbalist and Bow Assassin.

I mean, where is the Beast Master subclass? Total fail on part of staff and playerbase as a whole.

Quote from: "The Staff"Rough circle drills now result in double skill-gain for dwarves.

This is an excellent change and think I speak for everyone when I say it's about damn time.

Hey Hilurd,

How about you make me a Black if I make you a few batches of green?

Whaddaya say?

I don't think Psionicist should be removed but I'm fine with everyone else having their psionics get dunked.

Quote from: Rhyden on April 01, 2016, 12:35:48 AM

Quote from: "The Staff"Rough circle drills now result in double skill-gain for dwarves.

This is an excellent change and think I speak for everyone when I say it's about damn time.

Bald people need love too. Amiright?

Quote from: The Staff
  • Due to the concern over the new magick subguilds we will be removing them from the game. This will give us time to review the place of magick in Armageddon and decide if we wish to reimplement it and how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SywNf5J81U

Quote from: Rhyden on April 01, 2016, 12:35:48 AM
I mean, where is the Beast Master subclass? Total fail on part of staff and playerbase as a whole.

Beastmaster?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFXn1KWsZsY

Having closely monitored the Code Discussion forum, the forth coming decisions were made and changes are forthcoming:

1. Backstab will be removed since it's confusing.
2. Mounting/dismounting will no longer be allowed in combat, and will have a significant delay out of combat.
3. Bow's will now need to be strung before use. There will be string objects to be bought or crafted, these objects will age, decay, and become damaged (like food/armor).
4. Crafting will be temporarily disabled, since 10% of all bugs reported in game are opinions/feedback about what the recipe should actually be.

When will Nyr be back?
Fredd-

... He's Dar? The Beast master's name is Dar? Is that where I got my name from? I never knew!

Staff, how come nobody ever wants to mudsex me? What am I doing wrong?
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Barsook on April 01, 2016, 12:47:13 AM
When will Nyr be back?

Did he ever leave?    :o    :o    :o    :o    :o    :o    :o

QuotePsionics will be phased out and the psionicist guild removed. Instead we will be implementing NPC messengers that will utilize a form of the Hawker script and will move through the streets shouting out your message. Note this will only work in the cities and settlements.

Look character will be treated as an hemote from the next release.

The Wizlist has been updated.

Due to the concern over the new magick subguilds we will be removing them from the game. This will give us time to review the place of magick in Armageddon and decide if we wish to reimplement it and how.

Staff will be doing a regular 'Ask your staff' post. Each staff member will take a turn posting a discussion topic where they will answer questions from the playerbase.

Rangers are being removed from the game, and being replaced by four subclasses:  Stalker, Rider, Herbalist and Bow Assassin.

Rough circle drills now result in double skill-gain for dwarves.

House Tor will be reopened. Interested applicants should submit their character concepts with a name that makes sense if said as one word, e.g. Trai Tor.

The price of spice is being rebalanced to encourage its use.

Taking bets on actual additions.

Quote from: Fathi on April 01, 2016, 12:48:58 AM
Staff, how come nobody ever wants to mudsex me? What am I doing wrong?

Two words:

Rider Guild.

I haz cookies.  Want some staff?
Fredd-

Other changes implemented at the request of the playerbase:

1)  All possible in-game scenarios and proper staff responses to each and every one of them will be fully documented and assembled in a massive, leather-bound tome.
*   Working title for this effort is "The Tome of Staff Policy and Rules" (subject to change)
*   Staff will be busy compiling this book for the next 6-8 years.
*   Your request is very important to us and will be answered in the order received.
*   This book will be available for purchase, for 2000 NyrBux.  (see below!)

2)  At popular request, we'll be implementing microtransactions for ArmageddonMUD. 
*   Soon you'll be able to purchase NyrBux at a rate of 1 US dollar to 100 NyrBux.
*   NyrBux (NB) can be used to exchange for various in-game benefits, such as karma, resurrections, magick or psionic boosts, boosted attributes, and skill bumps.
*   NyrBux can also be used to purchase OOC swag, such as Kruth cards signed by Nyr himself, or "The Tome of Staff Policy and Rules" (see above!)
*   Traditional special apps will no longer available.  These applications will function as before, but cost 500 NB.

Quote from: hilurd tektolnes on April 01, 2016, 12:35:16 AM
Quote from: LauraMars on April 01, 2016, 12:32:34 AM

I never toy with those who worship me.  You do worship me. Right??

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."