Salarr Armor Repair - Allanak Bazaar

Started by Asmoth, March 27, 2016, 02:02:44 PM

Alright so it says Armor Repair right in the room title.  But how do you get the merchant to FIX armor and not just tailor it?

Or does the tailor command autumagickally fix it too?

I've never had armor that I really wanted to repair till now, so I never bothered.

But I don't want to pay coins to tailor something and be told, "It already fits you sucker, thanks for the coins!"
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Repair and refitting both happen at the same time. So anythign you repair will be re-sized. Anythign you re-size will repair.

FYI, the quotes for cost that the coded armour repairers/fitters never seem accurate, though I believe the time needed is.

I think it might be worth considering tinkering with the formula of the coded repairers in light of the recent armour repair refactor (which was a great and much needed advance in this area, thanks staff!) - I've always thought it was too cheap to repair armour at the coded repairers, and now that players are more able to repair, perhaps it would be a good idea to increase the coded repair cost to encourage players to go to other players for their armour repair needs?  This would have the effect of increasing player interaction, and helping out with cutting down on sid inflation/economic issues (especially for independents).
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse