Code Suggestion - Visibility and Forage skill.

Started by Asmoth, March 25, 2016, 05:06:46 PM

As it is, our weather system can sometimes have multiple moons out at night and allow you to see a pretty decent distance away.

Add to that, the fact you can wield a torch and light up the room.

But the forage code seems to be coded in a way that if the clock says it equals night of any type, "It is too difficult to see the ground."

I propose that the forage code not look for simple day/night timeframe, but at the visibility of the room and whether or not someone has a lightsource, there is a storm, or whatever.

This way if it's a bright, moonlit night, I can still forage away my night, because being in the city is boring most days.

Thanks!  Hope you actually fix this.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

First of all, Asmoth, thank you for getting rid of that profile picture. It made me irrationally angry.

Okay, I like this idea. It should include a penalty to your forage skill but it should be possible.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

If there are two moons out and the weather is clear enough, you can forage.

Otherwise, it's too dark and gloomy.

Take a break, put your feet up, think about stuff.

Quote from: Delirium on March 25, 2016, 07:21:16 PM

If I can see the room why can I not see the ground. Maybe its hard as hell and therefore incures a heavy penalty but it should be possible to forage if you can see the room you're in.
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Quote from: fourTwenty on March 25, 2016, 07:24:33 PM
Quote from: Delirium on March 25, 2016, 07:21:16 PM

If I can see the room why can I not see the ground. Maybe its hard as hell and therefore incures a heavy penalty but it should be possible to forage if you can see the room you're in.

Eeeh. Maybe. Kinda. At night time, even in full moonlight or torchlight it's hard as fuck to distinguish colors and shapes. It makes sense to me that foraging wouldn't be very realistic.

Quote from: Inks on March 25, 2016, 11:01:17 PM
Ever tried digging in moonlight?
[/quote

I've tried trying to find the phone I just threw late at night while drunk... It wasn't easy.

Grebbers' Moon(s)... its a thing.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Any self respecting Armageddon player have dug in moonlight at least once. Unless an incinerator is nearby, or they have access to large quantities of hydrofluoric acid