Armageddon Confessional

Started by RogueGunslinger, March 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM

Quote from: perfecto on April 14, 2016, 08:11:11 PM
Quote from: manipura on April 14, 2016, 01:28:27 PM
Gein was the character that showed me that I could actually do this roleplaying thing...

Ohh Gein the numut basket weaving king of Allanak lol

I also remember that time (when you were REAL noob) that you came across that bank wagon with just some npcs inside.  I told you to kill the mul cause he didn't have any weapons and then you paraded yourself around town wearing all the banks armor.. That was some grade A Noobishness.

Speaking of my own Noobish adventures I used to play the rinth like you played your rangers, over and over and over again with little to no concept of improving my strategy thinking "This character is as bad as the last! Well, better make another! Then I'll kick that twitchy slack-jawed guys ass!"   I don't think I've -ever- kicked that guys ass.....

*ahem* I think I might have run out of coins and tried begging for money too.  Decked out in Nenyuki guard gear...  ::)

Another confession: That twitchy fucker beat Gein to death because for some reason I was watching my movement points instead of stun and not noticing he was actually handing me my ass.

In my newbie days, 15 years ago or so, I once killed a LD character.

I still feel fucking wretched about it. :( Sorry bro.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on April 15, 2016, 09:55:38 AM

LD?

If he was way out in the desert, thats his fault bro.
If not.
You are a monster

Quote from: Beethoven on April 14, 2016, 04:47:40 PM
I do that because I think about saying something to them and immediately change my mind, often due to self-consciousness, IC or OOC.
I'll admit that I do this, too.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

I can't remember if I've ever killed a PC... I guess it's been too long if I have.
etwo wood
kill booty

Same.

I didn't know what LD was at that time, because stupid newbie.
I recall gloriously thinking how "good I must be with this character, because it's like this person is barely trying to fight back!  They know I'm -that- much better!"

No.  Not quite.  :-\

I didn't know the "Skill" command existed for probably a year when I first started playing. (And Score as well for that matter.)

I've posted this one before, but it belongs in this thread.

I sat in the T'zai Byn sparring hall alone for RL hours on end as a mundane ranger PC trying to cast sorcerer spells and wondering why I couldn't get any of the word combinations right to make them work.

I would also regularly try to use skills I did not and never would have because I didn't know better. Kick, Bash, Disarm...you bet, every single sparring session...for months....

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

As a noob, I would hide in the tavern for skillups. No one is around? stand and hide. One day I got bored, hide, idled for a while... Templar rushes up and tackles me with subdue

he looks at me. I look at him... awkward silence. "You're not the person I'm looking for!! stop looking so suspicious!" My character would go on to retell that story over and over of how the northern templar decided to hug him.

can't talk about most recently, but that was a funny fucking one

I've now been playing for just over two years....

... and I just put in my first biography entry.

Quote from: Giled on April 15, 2016, 02:58:47 PM
I've now been playing for just over two years....

... and I just put in my first biography entry.
I mean that isn't so b-

"Helper"
I'll fight you 1v1.

I put in too many biographies I think ;.; and it makes me not want to put any more in. Like I'll put one in, then something will happen that changes everything I just put in and I'll feel stupid.

Typically I alternate between mundane and magick characters to keep the game feeling fresh, but since the magic changes I've had a really hard time getting excited for a magick character.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: Jihelu on April 15, 2016, 03:01:42 PM
"Helper"
I'll fight you 1v1.

Would it help you, if I did? I do aim to be helpful after all  ;)

I can never resist making a snowflake character.

I shitmugged a lot of people. A looooot of people. I've probably shitmugged you.

I roll up burglars and pickpockets just to see how well they fight and try to make decent bynners out of them. Success varies.

What the hell is shitmugging?
etwo wood
kill booty

Quote from: ChibiTama on April 16, 2016, 01:05:28 AM
What the hell is shitmugging?

Long long ago, it was much harder to get your hands on certain survival tools.  There were puddles of refuse that were extremely poisonous.  So people would fill tall ceramic mugs with it and plant it on people they didn't like who bought a mug of ale.  Since it was the newest item in your inventory, when you typed 'drink mug', you would...well.

Drink out of a shit mug.  And die.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on April 16, 2016, 03:37:30 AM
Drinking enough liquid shit to die is kind of unrealistic don't you think?

Not at all, if it's shit that smells and tastes so good you don't notice your mug of ale turned into shit.

It was a fad that happened a bunch for a short period of time when it was discovered, then it was out.  Different...era of the game.  Or it was just because I was a noob.  But it always felt like everyone always wanted each other dead, all the time, at that period of the game.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

April 16, 2016, 03:49:03 AM #195 Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:52:02 AM by manipura
Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on April 16, 2016, 03:37:30 AM
Drinking enough liquid shit to die is kind of unrealistic don't you think?

I'm pretty sure what would happen is you would have a mouthful, gag on it and realize what it was, and then possibly end up with a bacterial infection in your stomach or intestinal tract.
Realistically, you might not get any sort of symptoms for hours.
You're drinking a mouthful of shit in already fairly unsanitary conditions.  I imagine death by shitmugging might be long and drawn out, which would be interesting if the code supported this.
However, since we don't all want to wait hours and days for the infection to finally get you*...you die quickly.  Then we can all laugh at you while you writhe on the floor of the Gaj.

*Also, I'm pretty sure a good number of people would just say screw it and store, if their PC was shit-mugged and faced a health decline and probable death in a game week or two.

Confession: Never been shit-mugged.  My strange assassin/general crafter that I've mentioned a few times...he regularly ate the berries from the sewer pipes though.  He wiped them and washed them off and all that, but he was well aware they were still old shit-berries.
He also had an unnatural fascination with the corpses of small animals buuuut *peers at the clock* ....that's a tale for another time!

I've never shit mugged nor been shit mugged.
I do confess that I've died to that blue striped keg a couple times though.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Thought it was time to get this off my chest:

I confess when I first played this game, I had NO idea it was based off of Dungeons and Dragons. I thought Dark Sun was a book series like Game of Thrones and Dune. I remember looking all over the place for 'Dark Sun Book'  and 'Dark Sun Series' and only finding these weird pamphlet/gameplay books I couldn't understand.

I also had no idea what D&D was to begin with. I had only heard of it in school as being a game you played with paper and pencils which I had zero interest in. Only recently, like within the last 2 years, did I learn what D&D actually is. I have yet to play an actual pencil-and-paper tabletop RPG.

Confession. I thought shitmugging was bynners robbing people.