Armageddon Confessional

Started by RogueGunslinger, March 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM

I confess to being really happy to see the mantis head back on the front page.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

I confess that I look at my skills way too much.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on April 02, 2016, 03:43:51 PM

I confess that this is why I am glad to see the mantis head back.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: valeria on April 02, 2016, 03:43:51 PM
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I'm an idler.  Not for any particular reason other than I multi-task a lot anytime I'm on a computer, and often Armageddon is #1 on priority if I'm receiving interaction, and #6 or #7 in priority if I'm alone with little to do.  So I idle and wait for the interaction.

This has detriments, and I'm a pretty lucky sonuvabitch with it.  There's been at least four or five times that I happened to look at my screen at the exact moment that another PC attacked my idling pc, such that my reaction was almost immediate despite having been completely AFK or in another window less than ten seconds before.

Quote from: whitt on April 02, 2016, 03:28:04 PM
I confess to being really happy to see the mantis head back on the front page.

I have no explanation, but the pikachu causes me actual real irritation whenever I see it that one day a year.  It's the only day of the year I have to be sure to close or minimize my client entirely when I'm not at my computer, or I'll glance over and feel it.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I roleplay female characters sometimes.
And still end up enjoying mud sex a little too much?
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

April 04, 2016, 11:47:23 AM #106 Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:59:17 AM by valeria
Quote from: valeria on March 25, 2016, 11:21:19 AM
This thread has a very specific theme, and I like it. I'm going to be very grumpy if people keep digressing and make me lock it.

I'm having RAT flashbacks. You guys were warned.

Edit to add: this thread is in time out until I 1) have time to clean it up, or 2) hear from other mods that it should stay locked.

I've gone ahead and moved posts into moderation, and I'm unlocking this thread.

Do not use it as a place to criticize or disparage other players' RP choices.

I like playing solitare while my character is playing kruth.

I like putting my real life likes, dislikes and medical problems into my characters.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on April 05, 2016, 06:02:34 AM
I like putting my real life likes, dislikes and medical problems into my characters.

That's it. My next PC is going to be a dwarf trying to rid the world of heartburn.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

I hope everyone realizes this is just a reskinned RAT.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Though I appreciate the effort, I never did understand what the hell "pad swingers" meant.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

April 05, 2016, 01:34:58 PM #112 Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:41:52 PM by IAmJacksOpinion
I have a knack for accidentally picking names that are currently, or were recently, in use by PCs. I can recall 4 times of done it, 3 of them in the last couple of years.

I confess to deriving secret, asinine joy from it. Mostly because people tend to treat it IC as if it were some kind of OOC afront. "Bob? There's already a Bob Kadius! You should change your name to Amos." Sorry guys, but no PC was ever so famous that everyone playing the game should know their name. I don't care who played them. ;)

Edit to add: When I played a Gemmed with the nickname "Arj" I actually received death threats IG from Tulukis who didn't read their "contact" echoes and wayed me plot info that I neither knew the context of nor cared about at all, really.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I have no idea how to craft triggers and aliases in MushClient, or any other client.

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on April 05, 2016, 01:34:58 PM
Edit to add: When I played a Gemmed with the nickname "Arj" I actually received death threats IG from Tulukis who didn't read their "contact" echoes and wayed me plot info that I neither knew the context of nor cared about at all, really.

I remember picking a name that I guess was a nickname of some other character in the game. Was literally in the game about 5 hours before some noble wayed me super sekrit info. It pretty much jumpstarted my character's noobie career into a life or death flee from the city, which was pretty damn awesome.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on April 05, 2016, 01:07:38 PM
Though I appreciate the effort, I never did understand what the hell "pad swingers" meant.

Allanak arena = real, bloody fights to the death.

Tuluk "arena" = hitting each other with padded weapons.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Vs

This is why the Highlord doesn't let Tuluk be a real state.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Can confirm:

I've been involved in a pillow fight in front of a templar in Tuluk, and been killed in the arena in Allanak.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on April 05, 2016, 11:53:11 PM

Vs

This is the perfect summation of the Tuluk/Allanak debate.

And made me bark laughter at my computer screen.

Vs

I'm quoting it because it can't be quoted enough.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

LOL so very fucking true.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

But only once every two or three years when people get disposable PCs to fight with.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 05, 2016, 05:31:35 PM
I have no idea how to craft triggers and aliases in MushClient, or any other client.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I confess that I still use the same emotes for skinning and cooking that I did 10+ years ago.

Quote from: Rathustra on April 06, 2016, 06:14:34 AM
But only once every two or three years when people get disposable PCs to fight with.

Still counts!

Quote from: Vositus on April 06, 2016, 08:44:33 AM
I confess that I still use the same emotes for skinning and cooking that I did 10+ years ago.
And salting. And mining. And sifting.

Armageddon.org