Armageddon Confessional

Started by RogueGunslinger, March 14, 2016, 02:45:27 PM

Quote from: Beethoven on March 25, 2016, 12:14:21 PM
I confess to frequently logging in and changing my mind about it two seconds later.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: boog on March 18, 2016, 10:28:21 PM
I've never had a successful combat character. I have never had a character, other than a merchant or burglar, have any skill above journeyman.

Boog's skills
-------------------
Jingo's Heart [Master]
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I store nearly all my characters. I haven't had a death in 3 years.

A big reason is I can't play all that consistently anymore, and usually when I return to the game after a hiatus I prefer a new character concept to trying to start over socially with an old character whose old friends and enemies are all gone.

Also, this might be weird, but I feel it's unfair on my characters who end up having highly social roles/goals to fail because I can't play with the volume or consistency needed for them to succeed. I'd rather store and let them go off and be successful in vnpc land.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 25, 2016, 01:22:09 PM
I store nearly all my characters. I haven't had a death in 3 years.

A big reason is I can't play all that consistently anymore, and usually when I return to the game after a hiatus I prefer a new character concept to trying to start over socially with an old character whose old friends and enemies are all gone.

Also, this might be weird, but I feel it's unfair on my characters who end up having highly social roles/goals to fail because I can't play with the volume or consistency needed for them to succeed. I'd rather store and let them go off and be successful in vnpc land.
Come back to my apartment and drink from this very specific waterskin.... It will all be over fast!
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

I can remember torturing or killing a PC (and what I did to them) much more easily than I can remember the Why I tortured or killed them.

Totally agreed. Done it a bunch too.

Quote from: Case on March 25, 2016, 06:50:29 PM
Totally agreed. Done it a bunch too.

I totally agree with this too.

I don't really play incompetent characters (unless it's part of the concept). If I'm a Ranger from the south, I know where all the poison, water and game is in the south. I know whats worth selling and where it's best to sell. I try to keep it compartmentalized to areas that make sense for that character, but I have no patience for re-learning everything.

I die. Like a lot. Mostly suicide because I want to do something different and lack the patience to store. I don't do it for characters that have stuff going on and are involved in things. But if I have an indie whose biggest responsibility is to get some bones for Amos, and I get a more appealing concept in mind, that fuckers going off the shield wall faster than a unit of Bynners in an argosy.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: Delirium on March 15, 2016, 04:33:00 PM
Quote from: Dan on March 15, 2016, 04:05:25 PM
I think mudsex is stupid and don't do it. Everyone else? Have fun.

Same.

I didn't always avoid it but it took a really engaging story to get me to do romance, I mean, I never liked romance novels either. Even a strict fading policy didn't help.

I felt bad about this and tried my hand at romance-heavy PCs and had to grit my teeth through their entire existence. It was worth it, I kept telling myself, for a fully fleshed-out character. Be a better roleplayer, etc.

But eventually I ran into some psuedo-OOC bullshit weirdness a few times and it was enough to turn me off the idea entirely.

Granted, most of my past "romance era" characters were involved with obviously mature roleplayers who I would have enjoyed telling the story with regardless of romantic subtext, which is a big reason why I even allowed it to happen. As the saying goes, it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch, etc. But boy did those apples get weird and bad.

Guilty because I feel like it shuts off a lot of potentially engaging stories, but, no regrets because there's plenty of other stories to tell.

War buddies, best friends, reluctant allies, unrequited love, bitter enemies... romance feels like the cheap way to deep relationships.

edit: Er, I feel like the post above mine pretty much perfectly explains why I have a no-mudsex policy in way less words.

Cheers to the one and only mud romance I ever found enjoyable to play out, with the delicious delicious betrayal at the end.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

I store like crazy, including special apps. I was asked to reconsider after a couple of times on a special app and tried, but ended up storing three days later anyway. If something seems even slightly more appealing to me as a concept, boom, stored. No patience.

I'm a serial storer since staff said they don't hold it against you. Most because I go inactive and then all my plots go to hell. I sometimes lose touch with the character too if my time away comes before I get to the meat of the concept. I'm overly sensitive about it and HATE it. The guilt is unbearable. I think it's cause I'm Catholic.

I stalk all (X)'s characters. And (Y)'s. And (Z)'s.

None of my characters have ever had sexy time with Malifaxis' characters.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I have stored a lot. I'll make a character because I think the concept is AMAZING, play for a day, get major anxiety, and start procastinating getting on. It makes me sad. I like this game.
Part-Time Internets Lady

I store for...
Shit why do I store.
I don't even know.

sometimes... my characters use the same weapons.
sometimes... I too enjoy mudsex maybe more than I ''should''.
sometimes... I play when I'm drunk.
always... I OOC whenever the hell I can and try to draw it out.
sometimes... I ''hemote farts''.
sometimes... I'll go to sleep in game and check my facebook for the next twenty minutes or something.
sometimes... I literally play this game for an entire frick'n day.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: manipura on March 30, 2016, 11:04:40 PM
I've never stored.

This is kankshit.  I bet you have labels and files and little pockets for each of your characters to fit in just right.

*snicker*
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on March 31, 2016, 12:41:03 AM
Quote from: manipura on March 30, 2016, 11:04:40 PM
I've never stored.

This is kankshit.  I bet you have labels and files and little pockets for each of your characters to fit in just right.

*snicker*

You caught me!  They are colour-coded too!  ;)

I confess to not being able to make my self use something other than sword/piercing or piercing/bludgeoning.
I wanna two hand an axe I wanna ;.;

Quote from: Jihelu on March 31, 2016, 08:48:50 AM
I confess to not being able to make my self use something other than sword/piercing or piercing/bludgeoning.

Most of my combat-based PCs were swordman.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Yeah, I have far more piercers than slashers. Someday I'll actually make a swordsman...
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I've logged in just to spam contact to see if anyone my character knows is around, if not, I've logged.

I've played (at least) three characters based off Akira Kurosawa samurai movies and several based off 40k.

The best mud-sex I've ever had was after I killed your PC, especially if you hated mud-sex.  ;)

I haven't played in over a year.

I don't think I've played a character that used swords. Ever.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Decameron on April 01, 2016, 09:08:53 AM
I haven't played in over a year.

Fix that, dude. You're awesome.

Edited to Add: I hear Borsail is hiring. And quite frankly, their front-runner in the polls scares me. He's an arrogant asshole.

Armageddon.org

I've never enjoyed a magick role.
Trying to change that tho.