Your favorite guilds and subguilds you can't play?

Started by The Silence of the Erdlus, March 10, 2016, 11:28:58 PM

Can you play most of what you want to play?

Yes
27 (67.5%)
No
9 (22.5%)
Its complicated
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 40

The only thing I don't have regular access to that I like playing is witches.

Now that master chef and master potter are one karma I am having a ball.

I'd probably stop playing regularly if I couldn't have a merchant.

The weapon skills subguilds are cool, too. Now the combat failures of Zalanthas (witches, merchants, etc.) can have a little bit of skill.

Three special apps a year feel like plenty to me. I'm pretty good at finding ways to entertain myself on this game, probably because my playtimes force me to be indie most of the time.

Honestly, I'm just on my third character and I'm getting to play what I want. After starting off as a merchant surrounded by rangers and hunters, I got tired of that crap and now I'm living the dream.

I might would like to play Outdoorsman sometime admittedly.
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

I've enough karma that with a special app I could play any guild, any combo that's within rules.

I've mentioned before that I greatly enjoy magickers, but I admit that my longest lived and most fun characters have all been mundane merchants.

Karma is nice but it's finding satisfaction in what you've got that makes for the best times, imo.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I voted No, because I read the question wrong.  My real answer is Its complicated because I want to some witch subguids but mostly it is a certain race that I want to play.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I can play almost any available option with a special app at this point. I can't play a "true" sorcerer though, and that's the one option I wanted to play, back when it was available. I think - if the psi-sorc combination is available, it might be another option I don't think I'd be able to play yet (maybe? Not sure if you can combine that guild and ext subguild even with a special app).
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

For now, yes! I'm still acclimatizing to the game and searching things out. I'm pretty confident I could keep myself happy at 0 karma for some time to come though too.
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

I think I'd have a decent shot on special app to try anything. Never done Elkros, Nilaz, sorc or psion.

It would be nice to be able to combine mage + extended subguild without a special app. ;)

I also miss the desert elf rogue mage option,  which I never got to play.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I voted no, but only because I really enjoy playing long-lived characters, and ESGs make that more readily available. I'd enjoy having access to the 2 karma tier of ESGs without having to bother staff / burn an app / wait a while, since ESGs seem to make long term characters more enjoyable. I remember discovering what an ESG was when I wished up about my armorcrafter never getting past Advanced after a long while and heard the bad news that master and mastercrafting was impossible, and that upgrading an existing character wasn't allowed.

Certainly ESGs are within anyone's spec app range, though, so perhaps "It's complicated" is a better answer, since the policy is generous enough to permit exploration of a variety of possible classes and ESGs even for no or low-karma players.
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

sometimes im not playing a warrior and then i get sad

I think I want the Sorc subguilds available all the time.  I'm tempted to always use those when I play a mundane, even if I never cast a spell, just for the option to "learn" sorcery ICly if my character grows in a direction that would support it.  I've only had one mundane PC that grew in such a direction, and it was a long time ago, but the coolness factor of being able to expand into that is worth giving up a normal subguild to me.

I'm loving the number of people that say they can play most of what they want to play.

I'd probably be playing witches of some type a lot more if I could, and master jeweler. I don't think anything else I can't have regularly interests me.