The Chronicles of Armageddon

Started by CoreyTX, February 25, 2016, 06:20:03 AM

n my opinion the Armageddon community and player base would do well to consider rolling out a moderated player contributed chronicle.  What exactly do I mean by this?

Allow players to write up and integrated their characters key contributions into a living breathing timeline and ongoing Armageddon chronicle. Player submissions would  then be moderated by a staffer, perhaps known as the "Chronicler", that would be responsible for reviewing the submissions and ensuring that the information is not published until the appropriate time has pasted (determine by staff guidelines).

Based on my experience seeing this done in another game, here are some of the potential benefits.

- The player base would see their time and effort portraying a character being woven into the ongoing Armageddon "Never Ending Story". 

- Newer players could enjoy reading the rich history of the game and how players contributed to that history and the Armageddon world. Older players would get satisfaction at seeing their efforts and part they played written into history.

- The living breathing chronicle would show the richness of Arm's history to potential newer players (marketing of the game).

- Increase staffer/player ownership to the game's history and community.

- Content, in theory, is mostly written by the players so the designated staff "Chronicler" would hopefully just need to do some minor editing and be the individual to publish the content into the chronicle when appropriate.

In summary I think doing something like this would increase the strength of the Armageddon community, publically acknowledge individual player contributions to the game world, and be a great marketing tool for how cool the game is. 

We already have the makings of part of this, in the submissions section of the GDB and on the main website. But it'd be great, I think, to add to it, and put the information in "date" order, so that people can see what happened to various characters at different times of the in-game world history.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I think something like this would be pretty cool.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I like this idea.  How did your other game handle issues where there was a conflict between players' interpretation (or attribution) of events?
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: solera on February 25, 2016, 12:27:42 PM
I would like to see old bios released.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I thought about doing something like this - interviewing players specifically, about their influences, how they manage playing through slumps, etc, etc. I just never did. :/
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I like this idea, a lot!  :D
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

March 02, 2016, 10:42:27 AM #8 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:45:35 AM by Large Hero
Quote from: boog on February 25, 2016, 01:05:14 PM
I thought about doing something like this - interviewing players specifically, about their influences, how they manage playing through slumps, etc, etc. I just never did. :/

This is a good idea. Don't interview me, though. I'm pretty bad at playing through slumps. :)

An expanded, moderated history of Armageddon is an excellent idea. It would be very cool to see what our many horrible deaths added up to in the past. Haha.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

I think this would be cool.

Staff could make a new post in the "Player Submissions" forum pinpointing a specific time in Armageddon History (say, the Copper War) - then invite players who participated in that particular event to post their recollections of the time. It would have to be tightly moderated to avoid unneeded commentary or filler posts.  When the thread was "done", a link to it on the History page on the relative date would be added.  Keep on doing this for major dates and times in the game's history and presto, an expanded Chronicle of Armageddon.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."