Just a little statistic.

Started by Callisto, October 05, 2003, 07:36:48 PM

<113/113hp 141/156stam 110/110stun>who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 57 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

In Allanak there was three (visible) PCs in the taverns, including myself.

Make of that what you will.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Is the point of this to show that there are a lot of players around, but not many Imms? If so, you should probably note that an Imm can hide their online status if they so choose. Considering how busy they are, it's not suprising that they don't announce they're online, unless of course they have nothing better to do but receive a million 'wish tlaloc's or 'wish sanvean's.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Must be mudsex season.

Oh wait, that's a year-long event.  Nevermind.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

QuoteIs the point of this to show that there are a lot of players around, but not many Imms? If so, you should probably note that an Imm can hide their online status if they so choose. Considering how busy they are, it's not suprising that they don't announce they're online, unless of course they have nothing better to do but receive a million 'wish tlaloc's or 'wish sanvean's.

I'm pretty sure Callisto is aware of that.  I'm not speaking for her, but I think she's getting at the fact that out of nearly 60 people only 5% were available to roleplay with in Allanak.

Either that or she's pointing out how awesome her PC's stats are.

I would wager this has more to do with the Northlands RPT currently in progress than any kind of sudden population shift.

Dyrinis

Well...it happens pretty often.

I hate seeing fourty people online, and being able to find three other people in allanak.

The north blows goats.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

The Northlands gets all the RPTs.  I don't see why.  I mean, the North sucks and Allanak rules.  I wish Tek would just flatten the place once and for all and we can get back watching everyone take pop shots at Allanak only to be crushed.

Isn't that a rather selfish view on things? Allanak had RPTs for fourty IC years, and Tuluk had none. Is it alright now, please, for Tuluk to have a couple, huh? Sure it is.

Now what I think oughta happen i....wait, nobody wanna hear all that...ok, back to the game.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

It's not selfish.  It's how things should be.  Plain and simple, Allanak is better.

So Nyah.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Stop smoking all that la, man. Too much of it retards your brain, which is obviously what has happened to Armaddict. *grin*

Tuluk is obviously better. I mean, we get the RPTs, don't we?

Bah!  Anyone who smokes as much as this slow-minded person knows...RPT's are acts of pity!  The immortals pity the northlands with their RPT's, because....Allanak is better! 8)

Heh, okay, I'll stop the nakki propoganda, now.

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"Isn't that a rather selfish view on things? Allanak had RPTs for fourty IC years, and Tuluk had none. Is it alright now, please, for Tuluk to have a couple, huh? Sure it is.

Now what I think oughta happen i....wait, nobody wanna hear all that...ok, back to the game.

I think you missed my point.  Allanak is better.  Why have something not as good as Allanak taking up space when the real thing is already there?  I just don't understand it.  

Maybe Tuluk is for people who fear that they are not cool enough for Allanak.  They want to be cool, but are just too affraid to be with the hip in crowd.  They build up by going to Tuluk first.  Then perhaps they try being a shit shoveler in Luir's, and as they build up from the lowest form of life (a tuluki) to the highest (allanaki).  Then perhaps they try being a wretched desert elf, then perhaps move on to being a spice hunter in Red Storm.  After all that, then one might feel cool enough to be in Allanak, though not as a citizen of course.

I understand how a Tuluki could feel like they are not worthy of being an Allanaki.  It is true, you are not worthy.  That said, we are an accepting bunch and will let you bask in our glory even though you do not deserve it.  So come, make a wretched elf or something and play in Allanak.  You are not worthy of the honor, but we will let Tuluki slim like you play anyways.  We are so damned nice.

The funny thing is, you all are gloating about Allanak...However, lets stick to the IC history. Allanak controlled Tuluk and the Gol Krathu. But -WASNT- strong enough to hold it when the Tulukis' faught back. So we basked in your glory for a time, then we stripped in from your very hands and laugh in your face.  :twisted:  :twisted:
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

Rindan obviously does way more than smoke la....

Torax, you are quite correct, and have managed to bring a good in-your-face-humph tool to the table...good work.

Pheh.  At least Tek got far enough to push muk out in the first place.  How many times has muk done -that-?

Oh oh oh!  And explain why elementals are scared of Tek and not Muk, again?

*walks away, staring at the sky and whistling innocently.*

Quote from: "__Torax__"The funny thing is, you all are gloating about Allanak...However, lets stick to the IC history. Allanak controlled Tuluk and the Gol Krathu. But -WASNT- strong enough to hold it when the Tulukis' faught back. So we basked in your glory for a time, then we stripped in from your very hands and laugh in your face.  :twisted:  :twisted:

Let's get your history right.  Tuluk was controlled by old Mukky.  Tek beat the living hell out of him and took over the place for a good 40 years.  Muks victories?  Well, he managed to take back what he lost.  Woohoo!  That is something to brag about.  That is like getting beaten to the ground then bragging that after being pinned for a while you managed to struggle to your feet.

Let us also not forget that in history not a single organization as managed to wrestle control of Allanak from Tek, not even for a second.  No one has managed to breach the walls of Allanak.  Certainly, no one has managed to BURN DOWN ALL OF ALLANAK, like some other unnamed rulers have failed to accomplish.  Further, let us not forget that Tek not only killed a servant of the Dragon, but whacked another city without even bothering to use an army.  I am sorry, but Tek is The Man (in more ways then one) and Mukky is a little wussy runner up.

Because Muk is one. Those magickers who keep disappearing...they aren't really disappearing.

Beware, Tek.

I'm suprised to see no one is trying to root for the Sand Lord. But then again, what the heck has he ever done? Nothing for nobody, I say.

Anyways, Tek rules, Muk stinks, deal with it. That whole burying Steinal thing is a feat, even those Northern barbarians must see that. In fact, my personal theory is that the only reason the Northlands isn't being swallowed up by a raging sandstorm right now is because Tek likes fruit. Heck, that'd explain why his forces occupied the place for 40 years anyways. He was hungry, figured he'd invade, he got sick of fruit after a while, so he let the silly Northerners have their land back. That's right, Tek is so bad ass that he can invade a city-state based on what he wants for lunch that day.

Or maybe Tek thinks it'd be futile to destroy the Northlands with a sandstorm. I mean, it's a whirling funnel of suck already, isn't it?

Muk will never be able to claim he's tougher than Tek until he:
A) Has his people live in the most squalid conditions in the Known World, yet has them too terrified to attempt a revolt.
B) Buries an entire city... Literally.
C) Occupies an area full of people who hate his guts for decades.

When that little check list is done, then maybe we can talk about who'd win an arm wrestling competition, eh?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

There are two options available for the Sandlord. No, that will be three options.

First, the Sandlord is Tek. This is possible. After all, what better way to rule the world than to have a 'haven' for all your enemies?

Second, the Sandlord does not exist at all. This is exceedingly logical, in reality. Many a goverment has ruled with a figurative ruler, while the actual governing was done by a panel.

Third, the Sandlord is so powerful that he terrifies Tek and Muk but has no over-sized ambitions, satisfied with his own small and lucritive domain.

I opt for the third option.

Let's remember that Muk Utep is a Warrior Mage, can't say as much for Tek who seems to be just a plain Defiler (only a lot stronger).
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Or fourth option: Sand lord is nothing special, but Tek just refuses to get off his lazy ass and actually destroy, yet, another city.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Quote from: "Dirr"Or fourth option: Sand lord is nothing special, but Tek just refuses to get off his lazy ass and actually destroy, yet, another city.
Yeah, right.

Quote from: "Dirr"Let's remember that Muk Utep is a Warrior Mage, can't say as much for Tek who seems to be just a plain Defiler (only a lot stronger).

True, but who needs a sword and armor when you can turn into a massive dragon and burn whole armies to ash?
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

I've been north. I've seen it. The south is better.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."