Subguild and Sorcerer Changes

Started by John, February 15, 2016, 09:50:05 AM

Quote from: Adhira on February 15, 2016, 02:23:08 PM
Quote from: LauraMars on February 15, 2016, 02:14:42 PM
Even at low levels, flee is pretty useful.  I'd take a subguild with low level flee simply because it gives a couple of advantages, even at low level.  I won't go into detail here because I'm not sure it's allowed, but having easy access to the flee skill is definitely beneficial for some people.

This is one of the skills that we determined fits better in as a base skill for all.

I told you guys that back when you put in the flee changes.  *huff*
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

;D
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Wait did we just lose the ability to dual stealth a Ranger with out an extended sub?

As well, we can't select thief and skip the gouge my eyes out listen grind?

"Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you."
"Sir?"
"It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority."
"Sir?"
"That's practically zen."
― Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Love the changes!

One question, what happened to the search skill?  It was one of my favorites from scavenger and isn't represented anywhere on the new subguilds.

I guess this helpfile answers my question, along with the new CGP values.

http://armageddon.org/help/view/Skill%20Bumps

Quote from: rodic on February 15, 2016, 03:13:06 PM
Wait did we just lose the ability to dual stealth a Ranger with out an extended sub?

Quote from: Thief helpfile
Thieves are petty criminals with clever hands. Able to conceal themselves in crowds and approach their marks unnoticed, they can both pick the pockets of their mark and perform the sleight of hand required to secrete their ill-gotten gains. Always on the lookout for their next mark, thieves have an eye for spotting choice targets on other people's persons.

Thieves are able to reach the level of advanced in sleight of hand. They can also attain the level of journeyman in sneak, steal, peek and hide.
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

Quote from: JackGibbons on February 15, 2016, 03:36:28 PM
Quote from: rodic on February 15, 2016, 03:13:06 PM

Quote from: Thief helpfile
Thieves are petty criminals with clever hands. Able to conceal themselves in crowds and approach their marks unnoticed, they can both pick the pockets of their mark and perform the sleight of hand required to secrete their ill-gotten gains. Always on the lookout for their next mark, thieves have an eye for spotting choice targets on other people's persons.

Thieves are able to reach the level of advanced in sleight of hand. They can also attain the level of journeyman in sneak, steal, peek and hide.

Didn't catch that, nice. 

remove torch
sheath pitchfork back
"Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you."
"Sir?"
"It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority."
"Sir?"
"That's practically zen."
― Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Rogue and Cutpurse need helpfiles added/adjusted.

Quote from: wizturbo on February 15, 2016, 03:13:18 PM
Love the changes!

One question, what happened to the search skill?  It was one of my favorites from scavenger and isn't represented anywhere on the new subguilds.

Search was found to not have much impact in the game.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on February 15, 2016, 03:53:37 PM
Quote from: wizturbo on February 15, 2016, 03:13:18 PM
Love the changes!

Search was found to not have much impact in the game.

But then we removed search so we lost it again.

I'm confused.  Search is no longer a skill in Armageddon?  How are we supposed to find the plethora of hidden rooms out there?

Heya.

I think some options are missing amongst the extended subguild during chargen.

I'm not seeing

Aggressor
Majordomo
Master Trader
Apothecary
Minstrel
Berserker    
Bruiser
Master Crafter
Protector
Cutpurse
Rogue
Grebber
Master Potter
Slipknife
Master Tailor
Weaponsmith

Quote from: wizturbo on February 15, 2016, 03:57:38 PM
I'm confused.  Search is no longer a skill in Armageddon?  How are we supposed to find the plethora of hidden rooms out there?

Burglars still get it, presumably.

I have yet to meet a burglar explorer, though.

Probably because they all get ate.

Burglar/protector:  CAREFULLY climb up
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Dar on February 15, 2016, 04:01:53 PM
Heya.

I think some options are missing amongst the extended subguild during chargen.

I'm not seeing

Aggressor
Majordomo
Master Trader
Apothecary
Minstrel
Berserker    
Bruiser
Master Crafter
Protector
Cutpurse
Rogue
Grebber
Master Potter
Slipknife
Master Tailor
Weaponsmith

The changes get applied to your account once you have logged in your character and it updates according to your karma.  If you do not have a character to log in those changes won't be able to be applied, please submit a request.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Maybe you just type 'search' and then go make yourself a sandwich and you come back like half an hour later and then if there's a hidden room or exit it'll pop up eventually and automatically.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Dar, you should be fixed. Anyone else who doesn't have a character, has at least 1 karma and doesn't see their subguild options should put in a request as Adhira said.

m) Forester             n) Gladiator            o) Grebber
p) Guard                q) House Servant        r) Hunter
s) Jeweler              t) Lancer               u) Linguist
v) Majordomo            w) Mercenary            x) Minstrel
y) Nomad                z) Outdoorsman          A) Outlaw
B) Physician            C) Protector            D) Rogue
E) Slipknife            F) Tailor               G) Thief
H) Thug                 I) Weapon Crafter
J) Master Armorsmith    K) Master Chef          L) Master Crafter
M) Master Jeweler       N) Master Potter        O) Master Tailor

P) Master Trader        Q) Master Weaponsmith

R)                      S)                      T)
U)

There's a formatting problem at the moment, I think it has to do with J being on the next line?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 15, 2016, 04:06:53 PM

There's a formatting problem at the moment, I think it has to do with J being on the next line?

That's so the master craft subguilds are all in one lump.  Same as the next group of options are all of a kind.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

I wish you needed clanning or search to find all the secret alcoves and stuff, instead of being lame and using key .

Quote from: Case on February 15, 2016, 04:19:13 PM
I wish you needed clanning or search to find all the secret alcoves and stuff, instead of being lame and using key .

There are a bunch of secret doors out there that you can't find with the key . method.

I just wish their names changed every once in a while, so I couldn't "open grimypelts" with any subsequent PC just because I saw someone go through the grimypelts door once upon a time.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Case on February 15, 2016, 04:19:13 PM

I think this was either fixed, or doesn't work in so many places now.

Quote from: nessalin on February 15, 2016, 04:18:13 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 15, 2016, 04:06:53 PM

That's so the master craft subguilds are all in one lump.  Same as the next group of options are all of a kind.

Ah that makes sense. The formatting problem I'm talking about is the spaces between the lines after M,N,O and P,Q.

I wish the outlaw part didnt mention red storm, or mul's outpost. I understand the hint, but there could be other sources of outlawism, or ... life's choices and events that would bring a person to that type of lifestyle.  Then again, rebel was even worse at that.

whining aside. What a curious change. You guys are the devils. I've been trying to come up with a chara concept for the last 20 days I think, but kept postponing it, or coming up blank. Now you've got this ... wtf am I to do now? I've got like ... IRL stuff to do. Work! Life! Ughrrrh.

There is a mention that some civil worker in spain managed to pull off a 6 year sick leave. Do you think I'll swing that?

So like, can people play ext subs all the time now? and starting at 1 karma? seems like normal subs are tons weak now