Subguild and Sorcerer Changes

Started by John, February 15, 2016, 09:50:05 AM

Quote from: Case on February 15, 2016, 04:58:25 PM
So like, can people play ext subs all the time now? and starting at 1 karma? seems like normal subs are tons weak now
They always were.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

So like, can people play ext subs all the time now? and starting at 1 karma? seems like normal subs are tons weak now

the extended subguilds are now different levels of CGP. You need at 3 karma to pick some of the better ones.

I've actually had the opposite thought and briefly beeb considering the thief and gladiator subguilds instead of these extended subs.

Also the normal subs apparently start with higher skills now? I think I heard that?

I think things will get offsetted, once extended subguilds start draining your CGP pool.

Quote from: Asmoth on February 15, 2016, 05:00:13 PM
They always were.
yeah but limited to 3 a year

February 15, 2016, 05:04:52 PM #104 Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:07:47 PM by nauta
Hmm.  So I am confused.  Let's say I have 2 karma and don't file an special app.  I log in and select 'desert elf' as my race (which is a 1 karma race).  Will I then only have 0-1 karma subguilds available, or will I have 0-2 karma suguilds to choose from?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Case on February 15, 2016, 05:04:14 PM
Quote from: Asmoth on February 15, 2016, 05:00:13 PM
They always were.
yeah but limited to 3 a year
I think that was more so that staff wasn't flooded with special apps for sub-guilds, now it's just a normal app.

I never thought it was for balance.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

Quote from: nauta on February 15, 2016, 05:04:52 PM
Hmm.  So I am confused.  Let's say I have 2 karma and don't file an special app.  I log in and select 'desert elf' as my race (which is a 1 karma race).  Will I then only have 0-1 karma subguilds available, or will I have 0-2 karma suguilds to choose from?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. You will have the option for desert elves AND whatever extended subguilds you have the karma for. The race selections doesn't take away CGP as far as I know.

extremely angry they took away scavenger.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on February 15, 2016, 05:42:39 PM
extremely angry they took away scavenger.

Heh, I used this subguild on every mage I ever played.
Ever.

Gladiator sub-guild is dope as fuck.

the ability to climb and the rare chance to find hidden rooms and a very good foraging skill has been taken away from me.

plus the ability to find food.

now i'm going to storm the staff castle and start shouting at them until they put it back put it back PUT IT BACK

Oh. Yeah. I'm not so sure this was intended.

I didnt go too far into the chargen, but I was able to pick Guild/ext. subguild selection that went into +3 above my karma level if combined. I dont think that was ment to happen.

Quote from: evilcabbage on February 15, 2016, 05:49:39 PM
the ability to climb and the rare chance to find hidden rooms and a very good foraging skill has been taken away from me.

plus the ability to find food.

now i'm going to storm the staff castle and start shouting at them until they put it back put it back PUT IT BACK

On the other hand - now less people are able to forage for cabbages.

All you need is 2 Karma for Grebber. Get that karma review sent in.

Quote from: Dar on February 15, 2016, 05:51:55 PM

I didnt go too far into the chargen, but I was able to pick Guild/ext. subguild selection that went into +3 above my karma level if combined. I dont think that was ment to happen.

Race/guild selection don't effect your sub-guild CGP.

confirmation cabbages exist in game.

anger reduced considerably.

new goal: locate cabbages. assemble the army.

we will rule this land.

carry on with your change to subguilds.

Oh wow, You actually only need 1 karma for Grebber. OP as fuck.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 15, 2016, 05:53:13 PM

They don't - today.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

February 15, 2016, 06:18:45 PM #117 Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:20:44 PM by RogueGunslinger
Quote from: Adhira on February 15, 2016, 06:14:54 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 15, 2016, 05:53:13 PM

They don't - today.

This is confusing becuase I thought people were given +3 with every spec-app precisely so that guild/race didn't have a huge impact on picking an extended subguild.

Edit: Also, wouldn't Karma have to go above 8 in order to pick certain things, like nilazi/agressor?

Yeah. But currently. This means that I can create 10 mul whiran outdoorsmen in the span of an hour. If I die quick enough and someone's clicking approve quick enough.

It wont be easy. But it's doable.

I'm perfectly okay with someone who had 8 karma playing mul whiran outdoorsman.

Quote from: Dar on February 15, 2016, 06:20:54 PM
Yeah. But currently. This means that I can create 10 mul whiran outdoorsmen in the span of an hour. If I die quick enough and someone's clicking approve quick enough.

It wont be easy. But it's doable.

Yeah but people with that amount of karma (only myself and delirium, really) usually wouldn't be doing shit like that!

Well, I probably would, but I doubt Delirium would.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Muls can't play mages.

http://armageddon.org/help/view/Muls
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

"Mul magick-users no longer exist due to careful breeding techniques."

What if I have a human and a dwarf and a water mage and I decide to make my own Mul.
Cant he have magic then?
You aren't my boss!

Also a water mage dwarf could probably have a kid with a human and still be able to keep her alive during child burth cause muh healing.
Though I doubt you would want to.

Quote from: LauraMars on February 15, 2016, 06:50:54 PM
Muls can't play mages.

http://armageddon.org/help/view/Muls
But they could still be sorcerers because that's learned, not born.

Mul Ranger, Magick Subguild = Unstoppable.

Truly irrelevant to the topic of this thread.