Guild sniffing and magick.

Started by Asmoth, February 14, 2016, 03:14:26 PM

February 14, 2016, 03:14:26 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:18:37 PM by Asmoth
I wish magick didn't automatically say, oh he's a water Mage, oh he's a rock Mage.

Who else thinks all magick should be swirls of magick or whatever sorcerers do.

Then it wouldn't instantly out a sorcerer or whatever due to the unique magick echo.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

February 14, 2016, 03:19:26 PM #1 Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:55:33 PM by JackGibbons
Erased derail.
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

Elemental magick is very different from sorcery.

Most in game would never realize or care to make that distinction. But the cast echos as they are make complete sense when you consider the game lore.

Quote from: Asmoth on February 14, 2016, 03:14:26 PM
I wish magick didn't automatically say, oh he's a water Mage, oh he's a rock Mage.

Who else thinks all magick should be swirls of magick or whatever sorcerers do.

Then it wouldn't instantly out a sorcerer or whatever due to the unique magick echo.

That's how it used to be, if I recall correctly, and it was changed to how it currently is.  It's been the current way for more than a decade, I think, and I'm fine with it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Came to discuss the ooc game of hiding your gicker skill set, realized this thread was about something else.

In answer to OP, yeah, the echoes make sense as they are.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Considering the connection between caster and element and how that seems to be different, going by game docs, in comparison to sorcerers, also using cantrip docs, it fits.