Did something change with Forage?

Started by Asmoth, February 08, 2016, 07:44:55 PM

I haven't played a crafty character in forever, so my extend of foraging was forage food for bulbous.

That being said, I'm now trying to find gemstones and failing horribly.

Did something change with Foraging?  I used to find tons of this shit, all over and now I am not finding a damn thing.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Not super recently.

But there was an announcement sometime in the past year, I think, that the tables had been not working correctly and the change would make some things that were supposed to be rare be rare.

That's my memory speaking, you might want to dig through the announcements/notes.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

There was a fairly large change, yeah. Here's the announcement: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,48514.0.html

It just means that you'll have to go into a cave, or a dangerous/rocky place to find rarer gems. Like how now you have to travel a little further into the salt-flats to find purplish salts (I think).

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 08, 2016, 07:59:05 PM
There was a fairly large change, yeah. Here's the announcement: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,48514.0.html

It just means that you'll have to go into a cave, or a dangerous/rocky place to find rarer gems. Like how now you have to travel a little further into the salt-flats to find purplish salts (I think).
Ahh thanks for the link, I remember the purple salt thing.

But they removed that part, or they added it back in, because Purplish salt for days now
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

February 08, 2016, 10:53:03 PM #4 Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:10:28 AM by JackGibbons
Well, the change RGS linked says they can adjust specific rooms. So it may be that they left purplish possible but rarer/higher skill check at the beginning of the flats, and then rewarded people with denser zones deeper in.

> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison