Salarr sets

Started by Dresan, February 06, 2016, 11:21:32 PM

February 06, 2016, 11:21:32 PM Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:25:22 PM by Dresan
A lot of gear sets have been created for Salarr over the years, probably more so than any other house, though I'm sure all the houses get nice things.

For example Salarr has several stealth+ sets now. Some which I haven't seen worn once since they came out because most people still liked kurac's gear back then, and now a days there are better sets in fashion. Not surprising since if you are going to spend some sid, why not buy what seems best/cool at present time.

There are alot of cool sets that are even older which don't see the light of day anymore. It would be a shame to lose all the work put in the old sets, and itwould be great to see more variety. I would love to see these sets being released to the merchant guild and extended subguild with those specific mastercrafts only. Alot of time has passed since those sets were created, other merchants have had time to study them and figure out how they were made by salarr.

It would also be great to find at least one piece of these sets scattered around the known, allowing people to find them and figure out how that piece, and thus the sets was made IC.

Not only would this improve variety but would allow merchants offer some more quality goods in places where Salarr doesn't have a strangle hold on the economy. Which is basically anywhere that isn't Allanak (and tuluk virtually). On a side note, this is so awesome to see, so please let it stay that way, lets not virtually inflat the house to the point of omnipresence all over the known, just like the sorcerer kings.

I love everything about this post except the digs on Salarr. You might write up a proposal to staff to this effect and offer to write up the crafting recipes if you're aware of some of these items and their sdescs. This issue of old items slipping through the cracks is very dear to my heart.
"Hello, you fellows! You're the very animals I was coming to see! Come along! Hop up! We'll go for a jolly ride! The open road, the dusty highway. Come! I'll show you the world. Travel, change, excitement..!" -Wind in the Willows

February 07, 2016, 10:18:54 AM #2 Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:32:20 AM by Dresan
Salarr is one of the few clans I love to join now and then. My post isn't a dig, its something great to see that makes me want to join(but I still won't, heh). It one of the problems I feel that this game has, that over the years many of its virtual entities have been inflated to ridiculous levels, with no real effect on gameplay other than making things feel stale and making it hard to create meaningful conflict. I hope in time it'll be addressed. Unfortunately, this is derailing the thread.

So back to the idea:

Many of the old items already have recipes, so they would just need to be available to everyone instead of salarr only.  In regards to the ones that don't, I wouldn't mind putting some work in myself to get this accomplished. However, it takes time to write a proposal with recipes and such, I would need to know the staff is interested in the idea in general. There is alot going on in both the game and RL with all of us, time is a precious thing to everyone.

But yeah if someone on staff is keen on the project then I would even volunteer my time as a builder to help see the project through if that was really needed.