Board Post of important people

Started by roobee, February 06, 2016, 07:46:34 PM

Someone should post on the IG board about the important people in the area. Like clan leader and maybe noble and Templar names. This would help increase PC to PC interactions like buying from GMHs. I don't have a character currently, which is why I can't do it myself.

Seriously. People aren't using the city-board posts nearly enough. The new head of every clan should announce themselves.

Usually a new GMH leader will post that they are available for sales or are recruiting.

Alternatively, you should ask around and maybe start with the first person you can find wearing their colors and insignia. This creates more content than an in game rumour board.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

There are those (not me, but I've played with them) that feel they don't "need" to post on the city boards because "if people want to know they can ask".

I still don't understand rumor board etiquette, though. Sometimes its real interesting, sometimes its just "there's an RPT happening". Usually I feel like they are staff or leader posts about RPTs or RPT after-wards.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 06, 2016, 07:49:11 PM
Seriously. People aren't using the city-board posts nearly enough. The new head of every clan should announce themselves.
Agreed, I remember back in the day that board was running outta comments that people were adding so much to it.

Also, you don't have to be a sponsored role of anything fancy to do it.  Wanna find out the mysterious recipe for X food, write up a rumor about it.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Staff have pointed out in the past that rumor boards should be used only for rumors which would have a good chance of reaching city-wide interest.  We rarely find a good balance between too many and too few, though, it seems.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

I think a list of good contacts for newbie clans online, via something like newbie, would be neat.

Or a beggar or urchin type NPC you can query

ask <beggar> about <clan>

A generic beggar tells you "Heard tell that the new crew chief for House Goderp is the tressy tressed woman, I think he name is Amosina"

I feel like I want to use the rumor boards more, but I've been a little timid about receiving some sort of smackdown for touching something. The lack of use they refuse has seemed to imply that there's some rules around it that I don't understand.

Quote from: Miradus on February 07, 2016, 09:23:31 PM
I feel like I want to use the rumor boards more, but I've been a little timid about receiving some sort of smackdown for touching something. The lack of use they refuse has seemed to imply that there's some rules around it that I don't understand.
Better to ask forgiveness than permission.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

Quote from: Miradus on February 07, 2016, 09:30:05 PM
Brace for rumor board spam then!
Well... Don't go crazy, but I personally would rather see it treated like a way to IG advertise for groups.  Versus the debacle that family role calls are.