Auto-Rotating Shop Code

Started by Synthesis, February 01, 2016, 03:44:30 PM

Put some code in so that if no PC has actually purchased a particular auto-stocked item over the last <x> number of IC days (x can be a very large number, people, so don't get bent out of shape about your favorite infrequently-purchased item), it gets taken out of the rotation on the next reboot and replaced by something from a list of other appropriate items.

Or perhaps you could flag particular items that are sort of "optional," to be auto-rotating stock (with a smaller <x>), and leave certain "core" items alone, even if basically nobody ever buys them.

I suppose the <x> could be a calculation modified by the number of PC purchases overall from the shop, such that infrequently-visited locales aren't constantly turning over their entire inventories.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

February 01, 2016, 11:34:02 PM #2 Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:37:00 PM by Molten Heart
Quote from: Synthesis on February 01, 2016, 03:44:30 PM
Or perhaps you could flag particular items that are sort of "optional," to be auto-rotating stock (with a smaller <x>), and leave certain "core" items alone, even if basically nobody ever buys them.

Or even have the "optional" or less in demand items be randomly rotated in and out during each fashion season.  It can be fun to visit the shops and see what's new. A more rotating stock of available options can be an important part of roleplay for the social elite with a value for high fashion. Knowing there is more chance of changes in options in a short period of time (before the colors get changed every week or two) gives more of a reason to visit more frequently.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA