Sneaking on Mounts.

Started by Asmoth, January 26, 2016, 03:27:55 PM

I know you can codedly do it. But does it do dick or just an oversight in sneak code not taking into effect the mount?

I think I remember a halfling on a lizard sneaking up on me way back in the day.  Just didn't know if there were mounts made for this.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

If it's even possible, it's probably a skill that the mount has, not the rider.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 26, 2016, 03:57:59 PM
If it's even possible, it's probably a skill that the mount has, not the rider.
Alright, now to go find the stable in the abandoned halfling village...
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

It uses the mount's skill/stats, yeah.

Unless the mount with it is Mastered in the skill, it seems fairly useless. I've never seen anyone successfully sneaking around the desert on their mount, so I assume the mounts skill blows.

What about Hide on mounts? As in, letting your mount hide when you are, so people don't see a mount and immediately say "Oh someone either died or is hiding in that room."

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 26, 2016, 04:38:36 PM
What about Hide on mounts? As in, letting your mount hide when you are, so people don't see a mount and immediately say "Oh someone either died or is hiding in that room."

Seeing a mount in the distance and knowing that there's probably a dead dude nearby full of fat lootz is one of Armageddon's greatest pleasure. Don't take this away from me.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on January 26, 2016, 04:43:40 PM

Seeing a mount in the distance and knowing that there's probably a dead dude nearby full of fat lootz is one of Armageddon's greatest pleasure. Don't take this away from me.

Well, if they're dead they probably didn't have the time to hide their mount, so I think you'll be fine.

Quote from: Malken on January 26, 2016, 04:43:40 PM

Seconded.

I'm training my mount to be a desert ninja from now on...

Judging from a certain mount's IG decription you'd think it'd be fairly good at hiding. In fact, I've always thought that when that mount was rested in a room it should auto hide to some degree or another if you were in a different room.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

Quote from: fourTwenty on January 26, 2016, 08:15:39 PM
Judging from a certain mount's IG decription you'd think it'd be fairly good at hiding. In fact, I've always thought that when that mount was rested in a room it should auto hide to some degree or another if you were in a different room.

People have been talking about that for sunbacks since at least 1998.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 26, 2016, 08:23:37 PM

Having just returned from a damn near eight year absence. The amount of things that are still bitched about today that we used to bitch about back then is stunning... Though they have changed quite a lot of things that I never heard anybody bitching about.
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Quote from: fourTwenty on January 26, 2016, 08:27:42 PM

Having just returned from a damn near eight year absence. The amount of things that are still bitched about today that we used to bitch about back then is stunning... Though they have changed quite a lot of things that I never heard anybody bitching about.
For the record I'm not bitching, just wanted to know if there were ninja mounts

Quote from: Asmoth on January 26, 2016, 08:29:24 PM
Quote from: fourTwenty on January 26, 2016, 08:27:42 PM

For the record I'm not bitching, just wanted to know if there were ninja mounts

Didn't mean to imply that you were bitching. Just saying if there aren't there should be.

Also, your profile pic still makes me want to smack someone in the mouth.

Quote from: fourTwenty on January 26, 2016, 08:34:08 PM

Aaaand we're back to my comment from 8 years ago.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on January 26, 2016, 09:32:51 PM
Quote from: fourTwenty on January 26, 2016, 08:34:08 PM

Aaaand we're back to my comment from 8 years ago.

;D