Witch Loving

Started by Asmoth, January 25, 2016, 11:58:39 AM

Do what you want.
If you survive a magical encounter, that means magic sucks and you are the man...which may happen.
If you die, looks like they were right, magick is scary.
If magick saves your life...holy sweet god whoever said it is bad can eat your butt hole.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on February 28, 2016, 07:52:46 AM
To respond to your original point, I think if we had more mage PCs flip out at their manifestation and kill a few people every once awhile, PCs would be a lot more leery.

If it was possible to manifest at anything but the lowest level of spell power this would be more likely too.  Unfortunately, you need to use spells to advance spells which means you've already manifest.  Maybe an unmanifested magicker can work with a staffer to make something more of it then a weak spell that dumps a good portion of their mana, but...
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

People act like unregistered witches are scary but their spells suck too bad to do anything unless they've been alive more than ten days.
#Justgamerestrictionthings

There's some truth to that.  An elementalist cannot manifest in any codedly catastrophic way.  Their starting levels would have trouble killing a rat let alone threaten a person.  But I also don't think that manifestation needs to be the scary moment.  Magick should be feared because of what mages can do that mundanes cannot defend against.  The funny part is that if mages do those things and reinforce the IC hate, they almost always die shortly after.  So the path of least resistance is to play a nice magicker.

Quote from: wizturbo on February 28, 2016, 03:04:20 PM
There's some truth to that.  An elementalist cannot manifest in any codedly catastrophic way.  Their starting levels would have trouble killing a rat let alone threaten a person.  But I also don't think that manifestation needs to be the scary moment.  Magick should be feared because of what mages can do that mundanes cannot defend against.  The funny part is that if mages do those things and reinforce the IC hate, they almost always die shortly after.  So the path of least resistance is to play a nice magicker.

special app starting higher in all skills as a magicker, maybe with some branched, but start extremely old.

or start with encumbered stats in certain areas.

i am sure staff will work with you if you want to start as a fire elementalist who calls raining hellfire down on the entire known when he manifests.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on February 28, 2016, 03:06:12 PM
Quote from: wizturbo on February 28, 2016, 03:04:20 PM

special app starting higher in all skills as a magicker, maybe with some branched, but start extremely old.

or start with encumbered stats in certain areas.

i am sure staff will work with you if you want to start as a fire elementalist who calls raining hellfire down on the entire known when he manifests.

Sure they would.  But I'd be creating a throw away character at that point who will die shortly after manifesting.  I don't play throw away characters, especially not special apped ones.

You might have Magicker Seal Team Six, but mundanes have the inexhaustible supply of Witchhunter Ranger Delta Force. And you don't need karma to get in on Ranger Delta Force.

Quote from: MeTekillot on February 28, 2016, 04:27:28 PM
You might have Magicker Seal Team Six, but mundanes have the inexhaustible supply of Witchhunter Ranger Delta Force. And you don't need karma to get in on Ranger Delta Force.
I hear Assassin alpha force is better