Mapping the game?

Started by Asmoth, January 23, 2016, 03:02:50 PM

Why hasn't anyone done this yet?  I just happened to think of it.  With all the new holes and canyons etc.

Why hasn't someone with the patience created a map of the gameworld?  (I don't have the patience)

Or if they have, why isn't it on the forums somewhere or the website?
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

There's this (it's old): http://old.armageddon.org/general/geo.html#map

And there's the very lovely map of Allanak on the forums somewhere.

Obviously, an excel map of the world would ruin the mystery for me, but I wouldn't mind more 'artistic' maps like the one linked above, just so we have some background knowledge that, for instance, the Grey is north of the Red Desert, and so on.  (There's HELP GEOGRAPHY and the maps there too.)
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Partly because its cheaty to share maps and info like that?
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I think if you app a tribe that lives in the tablelands they should give you a damn excel map of the place.

People have been mapping Arm in excel and passing the results around for nearly 2 decades.  Its not something that would ever end up on Arm.org though, because of the "find out IC" mantra of the game. And that's probably for the best because giving everyone a map with every screen of the game laid out wouldn't be the best idea. Though, I would like to see a fantasy novel-esque map drawn out, that had enough scaling and detail to be of practical use to the players. (Ie, you could reasonably approximate regions like the salt flats, and the distance between Nak and Storm.) The one Nauta posted is neat, but fairly misleading...
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Oh I know about the excel one, I meant more of something that would be approved to be used by the players.  Perhaps as the one guy said, and approximation of areas, like the salt flats.

Not a four rooms east, five rooms north, enter crevice type map.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Quote from: Asmoth on January 23, 2016, 04:08:40 PM
Oh I know about the excel one, I meant more of something that would be approved to be used by the players.  Perhaps as the one guy said, and approximation of areas, like the salt flats.

Not a four rooms east, five rooms north, enter crevice type map.

...did you just give me the directions to a brothel in Luir's?
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

I wanna see a fantasy-style map with 'HERE THERE BE DRAGONS' just plastered all over the place.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."