If I could have one staff power...

Started by Asmoth, January 22, 2016, 03:55:25 PM

I would walk around and see who's dropping shit all over the game, and rub their noses in it while forcing them to read help junk.

I'm not talking about foraging crap or random critter parts from critter on critter violence either.  I'm talking about outright littering.

*Waves his hippy sign about the ecosystem*
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

I don't care if people littler. But have the decency to arrange it with an ldesc.

Arrange
(Items)
This command will cause your character to arrange the named item, changing the temporary long description for the object. The object must be in the room at the time. Please be realistic in what you can and can't alter about an object.

Syntax:
arrange <object> <ldesc>
arrange (preHow) <object> [postHow] <ldesc>
Example(s):
> arrange sword buried halfway into the sand.

> arrange head Flies buzzing around it, ~ is stuck on a stake here.

> arrange sword (shoving the hilt) buried to the hilt in the sand.

> arrange head (tilting it) Hanging askew, ~ is stuck on a stake here.
Notes:
If you want the short description to appear anywhere in the long description, or just want to get rid of the 'is here' that the default automatically adds, put a '~' where you want the short description

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 22, 2016, 04:16:19 PM
I don't care if people littler. But have the decency to arrange it with an ldesc.
Well that would be creative, this is just lazy.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

Protip:

drop bone (tossing it over ^me shoulder) ~ lies here, discarded in the sand.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I'd just want access to all the character creation options, although having the goto command or the ability to spawn items/npcs could be pretty broken.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on January 22, 2016, 04:43:15 PM
I'd just want access to all the character creation options, although having the goto command or the ability to spawn items/npcs could be pretty broken.

"Great, lostinspace loaded the Gaj with club-tailed kryl again"
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

I'd just want to add more rooms and more secret stuff.

Like really, new crack in a canyon that leads down a new path.

A new cave carved by desert winds.

A forgotten village or town, uncovered by the weather.

Made load in some old world artifacts, metal stuff from ancient times.

I'm an explorer though, I love exploring especially knowing some of those rooms out there are close to two decades old.  The stuff that has lived on when player/builder/and staff alike have long since moved on.  Armageddon has that... uniqueness to it, that instead of greedily indulging myself in it, I've over time savored stuff. 

A large portion of the northlands is unknown to me for that specific purpose, I'm savoring my chance to explore it.   The only thing that makes me sad is the stuff I missed cause it changed.

I'd bring back halflings.  Bio-wizard halflings with flying whale ships.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

January 22, 2016, 05:14:50 PM #9 Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:08:26 PM by hopeandsorrow
Quote from: nauta on January 22, 2016, 05:13:14 PM
I'd bring back halflings.  Bio-wizard halflings with flying whale ships.

I swear I just  heard Rathustra scream.

It carried over the Atlantic like a terrible hot wind.

The ability to anonymously make snap judgments and assumptions on people's actions without ever being required to inquire with them for clarification, knowing it will remain on 'record' even if later shown to be in error due to vindictiveness or a simple misunderstanding.

That'd be pretty sweet.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: hopeandsorrow on January 22, 2016, 05:14:50 PM
I'd bring back halflings.  Bio-wizard halflings with flying whale ships.

I swear I just  heard Rathustra scream.

It carried over the Atlantic like a terrible hot wind.

And I'd have them kill all the gith!

I'd bring back halflings.  Bio-wizard halflings with flying whale ships.

I'd also bring back halflings. Silt skimmer piloting halflings who live on an island deep in the silt sea and swarm up to the coast on little skimmers like the jet-ski pirates from water world. They would catch and eat unfortunate spice sifters. Sometimes they would sneak into Red Storm and lurk in the alleys, waiting to kidnap a passing child.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I'd be staff for maybe five minutes....
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

It'd be to fix typos and other text errors. I'd want authority to fix any and all, including typos on PCs, NPCs, fix inconsistencies such as: The green-eyed girl is here. (look girl returns:) She has hair, skin, teeth, nose, mouth, arms, legs, tall, thin, nice feet, but absolutely no reference at all to her eyes. And I'd fix that. I'd change her sdesc, OR I'd add a sentence to her mdesc to include some kind of green eyes.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

The ability to karmacly ass pound people who twink out and don't RP.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

Room echos.

The ability to just jump into any NPC.

January 23, 2016, 12:10:34 AM #17 Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:48:15 AM by RogueGunslinger
The ability to delete double posts when I quote instead of modify.

If I had one staff power it would be

two-handed (master)
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Room echoes. Just bringing things alive around people is awesome.

A couple of staffers followed around a random wednesday night byn adventure and simple animated raptors in the distance with room echoes and the sandstorm shaking our tent and krath's touch. It was awesome and I want to do that for people.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Immortality.  ::)
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

I'd take ability to approve special and regular applications so I wouldn't have to wait (and my apps would always be approved.)
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Lizzie on January 23, 2016, 12:02:30 AM
It'd be to fix typos and other text errors. I'd want authority to fix any and all, including typos on PCs, NPCs, fix inconsistencies such as: The green-eyed girl is here. (look girl returns:) She has hair, skin, teeth, nose, mouth, arms, legs, tall, thin, nice feet, but absolutely no reference at all to her eyes. And I'd fix that. I'd change her sdesc, OR I'd add a sentence to her mdesc to include some kind of green eyes.

I would make a wand that when pointed at duplicate npcs it would destroy one.

I'd make tons of low-end and low middle items like food, clothing, cloaks, jewelry in new, worn and complete shit worn versions. We need some really crappy ale.

I'd, for ten whole minutes, turn off the gravity in Zalanthas for five minutes and give everyone the ability to fly.
Then, after ten minutes, turn it back on and remove the ability to fly.
EZ P-wipe, yo.