Cmud giving me shit...

Started by Asmoth, January 21, 2016, 03:35:39 AM

Cmud has started giving me a fucking error about Debugging that after researching I see has been around for years. So I guess I'm going back to the standard Mushclient.

I was googling some stuff and it's sorta sad that there really aren't any newer mud clients out there.  You would think someone would create something newer.

Only thing I saw was Mudlet, and I've tried it, but I don't like it's Cartoony looking icons and stuff.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

On Mudlet, you can head over to the Preferences. In the General tab, check "Show menu bar" and untick "Show main toolbar". Then you get a basic menu and such.

What error? Can't open it due to detected debugger?

That's its copy protection. It's triggered in my experience by firefox or chrome using a lot of memory. Steam sometimes. Close some tabs, or close your browser, open cmud, then reload the tabs. Resetting the PC also works.

While annoying, it's not a bug in cmud so much as the copy protection wrapper he bought not coping well with more modern OS memory management.

Quote from: Case on January 21, 2016, 04:34:23 AM

That's its copy protection. It's triggered in my experience by firefox or chrome using a lot of memory. Steam sometimes. Close some tabs, or close your browser, open cmud, then reload the tabs. Resetting the PC also works.

While annoying, it's not a bug in cmud so much as the copy protection wrapper he bought not coping well with more modern OS memory management.
Yeah, I know reseting fixes it but I just am getting sick of dealing with it.

Once I upgraded to win 10 1511 it's been going apeshit with it.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Quote from: Asmoth on January 21, 2016, 04:36:44 AM
Quote from: Case on January 21, 2016, 04:34:23 AM

Yeah, I know reseting fixes it but I just am getting sick of dealing with it.

I listed non reset fixes!

That's the problem, right there.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on January 21, 2016, 09:19:00 AM

That's the problem, right there.
It is yeah but not for the partisan reasons you're thinking

Yeah, a newer mud client would be cool, but as the saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it." What new features could you really add to make a total rebuild worth while?
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org