Crafting troubles

Started by ChibiTama, January 19, 2016, 07:47:49 PM

I've been getting back into the groove of crafting and I have been doing really well with it so far, but suddenly, I'm hardly able to successfully craft anything! Recipes that used to work no longer work, too. For example, I used to be able to craft a shard of moss-green agate into a spearhead, but I can't do that any longer for some reason. I have no idea what's going on.
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

Maybe there used to be one, I don't know. I do know there's another agate shard that's craftable into a spearhead, but it's a different shard, haven't found a use for the moss green ones yet, doesn't mean there isn't one. Maybe there's an additional material of some kind?
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

It's always been this kind that I used and it never called for anything else, which is what is confusing me so much.
etwo wood
kill booty

Quote from: ChibiTama on January 19, 2016, 08:00:51 PM
It's always been this kind that I used and it never called for anything else, which is what is confusing me so much.

That's a relatively new type of stone, added to the game only in the last couple of years. Try the other agate. I don't remember the whole sdesc but there's definitely more than one type, and if you haven't any luck with one, it seems prudent to try the other.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: ChibiTama on January 19, 2016, 08:00:51 PM
There is two different agate stones.  If you want to find it specifically, you can always do FORAGE STONES FOR AGATE and it will autojunk the ones other than it.  Hopefully finding you the right one.  I had a spearcrafter YEARS ago and had the exact same issue.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

Unless the princess you seek is in another castle. I think the other type of agate comes from a different forage table.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

They must have recently switched it. Just a few days ago, I was using these.
etwo wood
kill booty

With any of my crafters, I've never found a use for that particular agate.  I think maybe you're just mixing up two similar materials.
Sounds like you maybe figured out the issue though, so hopefully you're back on track with things. :)

Could be your tool too. Wrong or lack of one perhaps or even a worn down tool may prevent it?
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Quote from: ChibiTama on January 19, 2016, 08:21:44 PM
They must have recently switched it. Just a few days ago, I was using these.

I'm pretty sure you're confusing stones with similar - but different - sdescs. They're both agate, and they're both shards. Beyond that, they're not the same thing. The one you're talking about has never been craftable to my knowledge, though there might be recent recipes. The other one has always been craftable into various tools, tool parts, weapons and weapon-parts, and jewelry.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.