Anytime, day or night
3 (6.5%)
Weekends only, please!
4 (8.7%)
Weekdays only, please!
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: October 03, 2003, 03:22:12 PM

What time of day is best for you to attend an RPT?  Does the time its offered influence whether or not you'll even try to go, or do you alter your schedule to fit?

ABSOLUTELY the time influences whether I'll try to attend. I live in EST. When I see a message "RPT at 9pm, PST" I know "hey, that's too late, so I can't go unless I can sleep in the next day." I've deliberately missed what were some VERY fun RPTs because they simply started too late and I needed my beauty sleep. (Although anyone who knows me knows that 24 hours a day, 7 days a week isn't enough beauty sleep for me :P)

As for altering my schedule, time does influence that somewhat, but usually the greater influence is whether my character would want to go. If he wouldn't really want to participate, then I as a player am less inclined to rearrange my schedule to make it fit.

Damn skippy. If it's too late I lose interest. I make a point of stay up, but by the time it happens I'm usually too cranky and sleepy to enjoy it.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

If it's too early I can never make 'em.  I don't usually get on until about 11 pm CST or so.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Yup, I will alter my schedule somewhat but normaly for earlier, less likly to for later RPT's, so, since I'm central if it says 9pm pst, I normaly don't make it, but 5pm pst I can make time for, even though it is an hour or so earlier then my normal time.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

My schedual is generally set in stone.  I can either swing it or I can't.  Realizing that RPTs almost always end up dragging out at least four hours, 6-8 PM EST is the best for me.  I think 10 PM is generally a little too late. Not for me, but for most people they can't afford to stay up until 2AM EST.  Friday to Sunday is bad.  If I could pick any time for RPTs, it would be Monday to Thursday (with even Thursday being a little iffy), some time after 6 PM EST.  Of course, my time to schedual is probably more constrained then most.

7 P.M. EST.

Why?   Because the actual event will happen an hour later.  :p
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"Because the actual event will happen an hour later.  :p

Exactly.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.