Clan NPC Clerks

Started by roobee, December 27, 2015, 11:48:15 AM

An idea for clans. An NPC clerk that can take requests (buying, selling, messages, etc.) and relay them to PCs in the same room/the compound/etc. This would help things like PC to PC sales/messaging/etc.. For example, say Amos the warrior wants to buy a sword and knows Frodo is the Salarri head merchant. He contacts Frodo, whose not online and no sale happens. If there is a clerk though he can contact/walk up to/etc. the clerk who relays the message and if any Salarri merchant is online in the respective room/compound/etc. they can do the sale. Or perhaps the clerk could contact any clan PCs that the head merchant has okayed to communicate with the clerk. If there are no PCs the clerk finds, the clerk can return a message like "I'm sorry. All our merchants are busy now."

You can, for the record, accomplish this same thing via the clan message boards all clan members are a part of when they join. Just FYI.

I thought posts on GDB aren't supposed to talk about IC stuff, no? Anyway, this would also include that commoner who wanted some new armor from House Salarr. So they wouldn't have access to the clan message board.

Clan boards are an exception to that rule in the sense that each has a thread you can use as a "rumour board".
The thread follows all the same rules that posting on an IG rumour board does. It is often used by underlings to alert higher ups that so and so is looking to purchase x, y, or z.

No that doesn't help an unplanned commoner leave a message for a GMH person, but an unclaned commoner could also use the message board at the local taverns to much the same effect I think.

I'm not commenting on the value of the idea you're putting forward, it's up to the coders to decide if they feel like taking it on. I'm just offering "in the mean time" solutions that would accomplish the same thing for you.

Quote from: Jave on December 28, 2015, 01:32:45 AM
Clan boards are an exception to that rule in the sense that each has a thread you can use as a "rumour board".
The thread follows all the same rules that posting on an IG rumour board does. It is often used by underlings to alert higher ups that so and so is looking to purchase x, y, or z.

No that doesn't help an unplanned commoner leave a message for a GMH person, but an unclaned commoner could also use the message board at the local taverns to much the same effect I think.

I'm not commenting on the value of the idea you're putting forward, it's up to the coders to decide if they feel like taking it on. I'm just offering "in the mean time" solutions that would accomplish the same thing for you.

I think generally this is frowned upon. Rumor boards are supposed to be used more for city-spanning rumors, not x dude is looking for y person.

January 04, 2016, 09:00:26 AM #5 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:56:26 PM by RogueGunslinger
Who gives a crap I say. There's nothing more endearing than a newbie board post.

read board 79
Message 79: [Sun Jan  4 17:49:10 2016] message title

Hello i am looking for some people to come and go outside the gates

with. My name is Dethrok and I'm the tall, tanned man so if anyone

wants to hunt something or explore we can head out and watch
eachothers backs. Just come find me today

out in the desert i will be getting a head start.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 04, 2016, 09:00:26 AM
Who gives a crap I say. There's nothing more endearing than a newbie board post.

read board 79
Message 41: [Sun Jan  4 17:49:10 2016] message title

Hello i am looking for some people to come and go outside the gates

with. My name is Dethrok and I'm the tall, tanned man so if anyone

wants to hunt something or explore we can head out and watch
eachothers backs. Just come find me today

out in the desert i will be getting a head start.

Aw! My heart aches.
"Hello, you fellows! You're the very animals I was coming to see! Come along! Hop up! We'll go for a jolly ride! The open road, the dusty highway. Come! I'll show you the world. Travel, change, excitement..!" -Wind in the Willows