Foraging for Cockroaches in the City

Started by The Silence of the Erdlus, November 24, 2015, 02:12:05 PM

I was thinking that people with forage food should be able to forage for edible, cookable cockroaches inside certain rooms in civilized zones. This alone would help me with my elves always leaving the gates all the time. I like playing elves that stay inside, but they really don't have that many options.

This would help other people who might want to play solely inside the city, but don't want to be rich and mighty crafters and aides. Well-off lifestyles are well accounted for; I think this would be a good step towards helping people get into lower class life a little better.

Not just cockroaches but one or two other bugs too maybe, although very rarely. That way, if you're an unaffiliated city dweller and all you eat is rat and cockroaches, you don't have to cheat by having to leave the gates.

This is already in game, nerd. Be creative.

November 24, 2015, 04:22:05 PM #4 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:25:41 PM by nauta
I'm all sorts of +1 on this.  I know it seems really minor, but when I was in the rinth, I found it really frustrating that the playerbase kept leaving the rinth (for the Byn to skill up combat; to forage outside the gates for food, or to go to Red Storm, to look cool)... like, a lot.

Spawning rats helped a lot, in my view (you could skill up on them, they alleviated boredom for characters who might have thought killing little children was kind of insane, and they provided food, although, honestly, no rinther PC had skinning anyway).  

An eastside clan might help (insofar as you could coordinate playtimes to overlap a little).

There is an indirect method: greb dead bodies; sell dead bodies and their clothes; eat at the Mantis.

I also wish you could pitch tents in the rinth.

ETA: I just realized that you're probably talking about non-rinther elves.  I forgot those exist.  Gross.  Just go to jail, you bum.  :D
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I'd like to be able to forage food (cockroaches, rotten petochs, other gross things) and artifacts like cloth out of midden heaps.

Maybe you already can for some? I don't know.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on November 24, 2015, 04:17:45 PM
Quote from: AdamBlue on November 24, 2015, 03:59:42 PM
Be creative.

Oh, right, non-coded. I think you just wanted an excuse to be a jerk.

Hey, I'm not bein' a jerk.
I'm just sayin' that, uh. You know. WHERE would creepy crawlies congregate?
Wet, dark places.
Try searching there.

Quote from: Rathustra on November 24, 2015, 04:38:26 PM
Wow you guys stole one of my ideas.

Well then, get cracking!

*whips*
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

November 24, 2015, 09:03:22 PM #9 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:14:36 AM by RogueGunslinger
*edited by Rathrustra

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on November 24, 2015, 09:03:22 PM
Quote from: Rathustra on November 24, 2015, 04:38:26 PM
Wow you guys stole one of my ideas.

Psh, I idea'd this very thing months ago!

So you're saying you are Rathustra?
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: AdamBlue on November 24, 2015, 06:04:59 PM
Be creative.

Wet, dark places.
Try searching there.

They are obviously talking about foraging coded objects. "Man just RP and be creative" is not helpful.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Quote from: Large Hero on November 27, 2015, 01:22:50 PM
Be creative.

Wet, dark places.
Try searching there.

They are obviously talking about foraging coded objects. "Man just RP and be creative" is not helpful.

I'm tryin' to say that I believe there are places in the city where you can code-wise forage for bugs.

Quote from: AdamBlue on November 28, 2015, 02:19:45 AM
Quote from: Large Hero on November 27, 2015, 01:22:50 PM
Be creative.

Wet, dark places.
Try searching there.

I'm tryin' to say that I believe there are places in the city where you can code-wise forage for bugs.
Banned for meta.