Quitting

Started by nauta, November 23, 2015, 01:08:21 PM

If scavenger got ranger quit we'd all be eating roots. I think nomads getting ranger quit would be badass and realistic, but they'd need to have something removed to be balanced.

Or, or, we add 2-3 skills to every other subguild to compensate.

I like adding more skills. Would make for more playable mindbenders and mages.

I think - we should focus more on helping new players learn to use "QUIT" in the actual existing quit-safe rooms, before we start giving attention to other quit options. I'm seeing characters standing idle/linkdead in those actual quit-safe rooms, or even just 2-3 rooms away. It seems there's a lot of it going on too, so it's not just one or two new players who missed the info. Perhaps the staff could add that one simple reminder at the login screen, after the MOD so that it's the first thing they see after the screen scrolls up. Something like:

Please check HELP QUIT when you're finished with this roleplaying session.
This is (is not) a "quit-safe" room.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Isn't the idea of nomads they go from one less shitty place to another, meaning they should have to go find the good places or something idfk.
Put more quit rooms seems to be the answer to that one.

I haven't had issues with quit ever being annoying since the addition of gate quit areas. I would hate to have unlimited quit/save areas as people would just be able to ditch out without consequence before things hit the fan. I've had it happen multiple times already with quit ooc or rangers. Makes me sour every time and giving unlimited quit would just make it worse.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Quote from: Lizzie on November 29, 2015, 08:34:10 AM
I'm seeing characters standing idle/linkdead in those actual quit-safe rooms, or even just 2-3 rooms away.

I have to get something in my initial biography changed so I have to remain logged in for the time that someone gets around to it. But yes it is a noticeable trend lately isn't it?

Quote from: Lizzie on November 29, 2015, 08:34:10 AM
I think - we should focus more on helping new players learn to use "QUIT" in the actual existing quit-safe rooms, before we start giving attention to other quit options. I'm seeing characters standing idle/linkdead in those actual quit-safe rooms, or even just 2-3 rooms away. It seems there's a lot of it going on too, so it's not just one or two new players who missed the info. Perhaps the staff could add that one simple reminder at the login screen, after the MOD so that it's the first thing they see after the screen scrolls up. Something like:

Please check HELP QUIT when you're finished with this roleplaying session.
This is (is not) a "quit-safe" room.

Nah, it's probably just new players checking things out and closing the window as they're not invested yet.  MOTD nags won't stop them.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I've been up at night and have thought "Well I'm tired time to sleep" Then just turned off my pc.
Oh lawdy.