throw <held object> <direction/building>

Started by Marauder Moe, November 09, 2015, 05:46:49 AM

The lack of this command seems to come up every other RPT.  I think there's plenty of other fun RP moments that could be enabled by it, though.

If the actual throw command is too hard to edit, we could have a new command called "toss" or something.

Fourthed.

We're talking about a basic "throw this thing into the adjacent room" command, right? I'm really surprised this doesn't already exist.

Fifthed.  Also: throwing a lit torch into a dark room up ahead to illuminate it (if that isn't a thing already).
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on November 09, 2015, 12:16:31 PM
Fifthed.  Also: throwing a lit torch into a dark room up ahead to illuminate it (if that isn't a thing already).
This is pretty much what we're thinking of really.  At least I am!

It would likely be the most common use of such a skill. I know I've wished up at least once for help doing that (Also at an RPT).

Of course, the same effect can be achieved with a Runner, a torch, and the subdue+throw commands, but it's always good to empower people.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on November 09, 2015, 01:43:06 PM
It would likely be the most common use of such a skill. I know I've wished up at least once for help doing that (Also at an RPT).

Of course, the same effect can be achieved with a Runner, a torch, and the subdue+throw commands, but it's always good to empower people.

This made me put my Pepsi through my nose.

Quote from: nauta on November 09, 2015, 12:16:31 PM

I hate snakes.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

This is a good idea. I would love to be able to just toss like.
Rotten fruit?
In a general direction.

Also, maybe like, there could be a few items.
Like bags of shredded glass. Does a couple points of damage to anyone walking into the room, lasts until room is broom'd or 12 RL hours pass.
Smoke bombs! Ten seconds of storm-like conditions where you 'can't see anything!' before disappearing.
Fire-Bottles! A room is lit on fire, and for thirty seconds does considerable damage over time to the room, with a small chance to make armor and clothing 'burned' when hit. Would be super useful for those dumb 'death' rooms full of 10,000 gith.

All of these being super illegal, of course.

I'm not to keen on grenade-like area-effect weaponry.  I feel the removal of flash-powder was probably a healthy change for the game.  I think this idea is pretty uncontroversial without re-introducing such things.

Also, you can already toss people into another room.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on November 09, 2015, 05:09:44 PM
I'm not to keen on grenade-like area-effect weaponry.  I feel the removal of flash-powder was probably a healthy change for the game.  I think this idea is pretty uncontroversial without re-introducing such things.

Yeah but subduing is hard.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on November 09, 2015, 05:09:44 PM

Perhaps. There's a lot of stuff we -should- be able to do that we can't. I know it's a balancing issue, and there's a lot of trolls that would want to try and abuse this system, but I can dream, can't I?!

Ideal: Thieves employ glass and smoke in order to make awesome escapes when otherwise they'd be fucked.
Cons: Some asshole gets a hundred smoke bombs, stands in the bar and spams them, or decides to just leave glass everywhere to just fuck with people.

Ideal: Fire bottles become an excellent extermination for rooms that have simply gotten out of control. I can name at least four areas on hand where there are such massive gatherings of enemies that anything that enters the room -dies- immediately.
Cons: SOME fucker is going to try and burn down the bar, or just burn down things in general 'because i feel like it lol get rekt'

NONETHELESS.

Toss is a very good idea without any room effects or items.

Quote from: Jihelu on November 09, 2015, 04:53:25 PM
Let us toss shorter people as well.

http://armageddon.org/help/view/Release

Though it doesn't explicitly mention Relase [direction]
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Should probably have interactions with the guard code.  Might be nontrivial.

(But there is a shoot equivalent, in any case.)
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

buy rotten fruit
toss rotten fruit templar north
run
e;e;e;e;e;e;e;e;up;up;up;hide
snicker

BUt no really. It'd be great for RP. More people could toss rotten fruit atthose nasty gemmers!

Also allow us to suplex people we have in subdue.
Completely related.
As you could suplex into throw while the judges yell and go wild.

Quote from: Jihelu on November 10, 2015, 11:50:12 PM
Also allow us to suplex people we have in subdue.
Completely related.
As you could suplex into throw while the judges yell and go wild.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS INTO THE GAME FOR YEARS

You used to be able to attack people while you were subduing them, but too many stupid giants would use it to instagank that it was taken out.

Quote from: AdamBlue on November 09, 2015, 05:25:51 PM
Fire bottles become an excellent extermination for rooms that have simply gotten out of control. I can name at least four areas on hand where there are such massive gatherings of enemies that anything that enters the room -dies- immediately.
Cons: SOME fucker is going to try and burn down the bar, or just burn down things in general 'because i feel like it lol get rekt'

Staff has something similar to this that they can do and have done, but I think they would rather die than make it even slightly available, and after witnessing it I agree with them.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on November 12, 2015, 01:52:43 PM
You used to be able to attack people while you were subduing them, but too many stupid giants would use it to instagank that it was taken out.

I believe this is still partially in.
You can subdue something and have other people attack it, and if you attack whatever you're subduing yourself, you get a hefty combat boost for those first blows.