Tailors and stables, oh my!

Started by SailorMars, October 01, 2003, 12:52:40 AM

Pardon me if these are known bugs...

1) I've noticed you can't "give" a ticket to someone else beside the NPC d00d inside a stable.

2) Can't "give" anything inside a tailoring shop, except to the NPC d00d.

3) If a half-giant tailors something, gets the ticket, then a Skinny goes and turns the ticket in, the item comes back Skinny-sized! Magickal! (Logically the item would have been resized for the person who offered it...)

Not a bug, but might be neat...

4) Would be kinda cool if stable tickets had a lil' picture of the type of mount on them... nice for when you have many and it gets hard to keep track of.
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

I dont know about everything else you said, but I think it would be helpful to have the sdesc of the mount you rented on the tickets desc.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

The Scesc of the mount on the ticket? And how would that work realistically? Sure it'd be neat to have but comon, what a little pic of a green shelled kank on the ticket? They NPC d00d just paints it on there before he hands it over? Dont forget, -very- few people can read
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "Dakkon Black"The Scesc of the mount on the ticket? And how would that work realistically?

It would be perfectly reasonable for a stable master to keep a supply of tickets with common (read: available to PCs) mounts scrawled and dyed onto them as a means of keeping track, not to mention a much needed OOC convenience for people who have several mounts for different situations.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

There are alot of uncommon mounts that are available to PCs.

Or you could keep the tickets in separate places.. one in your cloak pocket, another in your belt pouch, another in your backpack, and so on.

QuoteIt would be perfectly reasonable for a stable master to keep a supply of tickets with common (read: available to PCs) mounts scrawled and dyed onto them as a means of keeping track, not to mention a much needed OOC convenience for people who have several mounts for different situations.

I agree because...  there is already a little picture of a kank on a ticket from the Nakki stables (pretty sure about this). That's how I got the idea... add erdlu, inix, beetle, sunback, and you've got the basics covered...
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

Quote from: "Gorobei"There are alot of uncommon mounts that are available to PCs.

I'm sure if some jerk comes in with an super exotic mount the stable master could scrawl out a ticket for said mount on the spot. The point is there has to be some kind of system a stable master uses to keep track of what tickets go to what mounts, so it stands to reason this can be made non-virtual in some way so PCs are able to do the same thing, rather then blow 20 'sid a pop checking tickets until they get the right one.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

I agree that it would be nice but I think a little colored pic on each is still too far. Maybe a simple script like

check ticket

The elf stablehand says "Yeah your silt-colored kank is still here"

or something like that. Id like that more than a little pic of your personal mount on it.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "Dakkon Black"check ticket

The elf stablehand says "Yeah your silt-colored kank is still here"

Yes, I agree. That would be better than the picture of the kank. Still, I could condone either option. The base agreement here is that there should be some way to know what a ticket is for. Even without words, there is someway that the stable-master knows which mount is yours, common or not.

I will cast my support with Dakkon's solution over that of the pictured tickets.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870