Armageddon Radio

Started by Sanvean, September 30, 2003, 06:14:18 PM

http://www.secondshifters.com has expressed an interest in hooking up with us, offering a banner ad, and a chance for our players to make requests and dedications. I'll be adding in a link to them somewhere on the site (probably in the community section), and invite you to check them out and see what you think.

Got angst?
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

That scared the crap out of me, Sanvean!
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Wow.. I like this station. Finally some radio that is devoted to what they want and doesnt sell out.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I'm curious why they want to do this with us.  Do they get anything other than the link in return for the advertising?  Perhaps one of our players runs the station?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just did a little detective work, and that's all we get, too.
Still, what attracted them to us?

*sigh*

I REALLY want to listen, but everytime I click on the link to listen, it keeps asking me to download a file.  I tried downloading it, and the same thing happens.  And yes, I have WinAmp on my computer, and it STILL doesn't work.

What the hell?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I REALLY want to listen, but everytime I click on the link to listen, it keeps asking me to download a file.  I tried downloading it, and the same thing happens.  And yes, I have WinAmp on my computer, and it STILL doesn't work.

I was having this same problem.  Try this:  Open Winamp and open the location http://www.secondshifters.com/radio.pls

That fixed it for me.  It may or may not work for you but it's worth a try.

-Myrdryn
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

It runs through quicktime for me for some reason (yes, I am on a IBM compat, not a Mac), and it works flawlessly.

Very cool station, Thanks San for posting this!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I've got quicktime as well, so in theory it should work...
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

It depends on what programs have the association with .pls or .m3u or whatever they use (I'm not exactly sure what they're using, I haven't tried). But I find when I run my radio station (I use .m3u) people have .m3u associated with realplayer, or WMP, or something that handles streams equally poorly.

If you want to associate with Winamp (I'm running WInamp 2, but this should work for 3 as well) hit Ctrl+P or click through the menus to get to the preferences. Go to File types, sub-branched under Setup (Should be the first thing on there.) and make sure pls and m3u are highlighted. That should fix those problems.

SWEET!

Thanks a bunch, Thavilden   :D