Help Death updated

Started by Nyr, September 30, 2015, 07:43:27 PM

The death helpfile has been updated. It should now be a lot more readable, but it also has some other changes.

Synopsis:

• some more detail on things for which we may resurrect PCs
  • some more detail on things for which we will not resurrect PCs
  • some more detail on the res process and how to handle it

Questions, comments, etc?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

May want to have a search for "Resurrection" link directly there. Or call it "Death and Resurrection." It's the first result when you search anyway.

I'm glad the policy has been clarified and expanded on. Maybe now people won't feel compelled to take to PMs when something or some one derps and kills a PC.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on September 30, 2015, 07:51:23 PM
May want to have a search for "Resurrection" link directly there.

Done.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

"areas of some amount of subjectivity"

should be:

"areas with some amount of subjectivity"
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

"If you notice that there is significant lag for your connection, you may want to log out."

Add "see help quit ooc" if this is an acceptable thing to do during horrific lag?
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Thank you for making this clear, it's well put together and a good idea to be among the docs.

Is this just now becoming the standard? Or has most of this been the standard for a while and this is just a reflection of policy that was already in place?

No problems with the helpfile. I think there should be some allowances for typo related deaths. That or staff really really really need to find a way to work out a way for the gith-tattooed man to survive friendly fire and other odd shenanigans.

I've also said this before, sparring should be far less deadly.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I think the help file explains pretty clearly, and I agree with everything in the file. I also agree about the minor grammatical errors, and the suggestion to cross-reference with resurrect and quit ooc.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Just for the sake of clarity (and pedantry) you might want to change "Don't like IC situation" and "Don't like the code" since those aren't "events".  Maybe to: "An IC Situation that you didn't like" and "Code function that you don't like", respectively.

Appreciate the doc update (even if I had a vague suspicion this thread was going to be about physician-assisted suicide).
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Thanks for doing this.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Nicely done.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: CodeMaster on September 30, 2015, 08:09:49 PM
"If you notice that there is significant lag for your connection, you may want to log out."

Add "see help quit ooc" if this is an acceptable thing to do during horrific lag?

Good idea!

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 30, 2015, 08:10:40 PMOr has most of this been the standard for a while and this is just a reflection of policy that was already in place?

This has already been the standard.  The old helpfile pointed out all of the things worthy of resurrection; this one does too (with more detail).  The old helpfile pointed out all of the things unworthy of resurrection; this one does too (with more detail).

Quote from: Jingo on September 30, 2015, 08:25:30 PM
I think there should be some allowances for typo related deaths.  That or staff really really really need to find a way to work out a way for the gith-tattooed man to survive friendly fire and other odd shenanigans.

We'd hold in this case that the player is responsible for input to the game. 

Quote from: James de Monet on September 30, 2015, 09:46:44 PM
Just for the sake of clarity (and pedantry) you might want to change "Don't like IC situation" and "Don't like the code" since those aren't "events".  Maybe to: "An IC Situation that you didn't like" and "Code function that you don't like", respectively.

We only have about 20 characters that can be used in a definition heading.  Whatever the heading, it has to be shorter than that.

I changed 'events' to 'things' if that makes it better. 

I don't think the "of" --> "with" change is necessary, it seems to read fine both ways.